Shattered

Two chairs were quickly brought over to the red-head's table.

"I won't wait all day." Guan crossed his arms and shrugged.

"R-Right." Kartos made his way to a seat as you shadowed behind him quietly.

Once seated there was an obvious moment of tension as the three of you eyed each other cautiously.

"Is it really necessary for me to stay?" You suddenly blurted out.

"Last time I checked you were looking for us (Y/N)." Sun Guan replied in a cool tone.

'I need answers.'

"Sun, what is this place to you?" You questioned ignoring his statement.

"What? Men can't have a few drinks once in a while?" The red-head raised his hand in question as you clicked your tongue in annoyance.

'This guy...'

"How are you getting dark djinns?" You pushed further as Kartos rubbed his neck nervously.

"(Y/N), why are asking all these questions? Does it really matter? Chill out, have drink." Guan snapped his fingers and immediately a glass that looked to be filled with whiskey was set down in front of you. "It's not like we're taking over Sindria with them... Yet."

"Su-"

"Wait, don't tell me..." He paused briefly to chuckle. "You've been contracted to kill me?"

"No." You with a hint of annoyance.

"So tell me then, Rouge Agent, then why are you really here?" The male leaned in closer to the table and put a hand up to his ear, almost as if he were mocking you.

'I don't like where this is going.'

"Let's say I'm interested in working with you again." You met Guan's intense brown gaze. "Originally, I was supposed to flush you out and choke the information out of you, but I see an opportunity for a deal."

"Why the sudden change of pace?" Kartos asked a bit meekly.

"It'll be more profitable for me. You of all people should understand what I'm interested in, Kartos." You answered while glancing towards him.

"You haven't really change much (Y/N)." The other male commented as he stroked his chin. "What are your terms? I trust you'll be reasonable considering your situation... You see, I know you're working for Sinbad, how do I know you won't cross me-"

The main door suddenly swung open followed by a loud thud of the floor.

"Gaun- Kraken found this imperial snoopin' 'round." You turned in your seat to see a figure you knew all to well.

'That idiot! What happened to looking for routes?!'

Ja'far was covered in cuts and bruises.

"I think that old man up there is on to us." The Zero member continued.

'Old man?
Do they mean Sinbad?

And the name Kraken... I have a feeling I know who it belongs too...' You quickly thought back to the encounter on the roof. 'But still, how did that dumbass get caught so easily?'

"(Y/N)!" Ja'far said loudly in a relieved tone. "I-"

"Oh that's the adviser of his? Isn't this your partner (Y/N)? Aren't you... Pals?" You gave the tall man an unchanged expression. "Let's see if you'll really be loyal... I'll accept your deal if you kill him for me."

'It would be inconvenient to kill Ja'far now... But... Having their trust again would be nice."

"You do this... And you'll be rolling in gold... Don't you like the sound of that? It'll be a little forward payment ya'know?" Sun Guan teased as Ja'far looked up at you in sudden fear.

You mentally sighed. 'Oh well.'

"You're right." You threw the silver-haired make a cold stare as you slowly unsheathed your sword. "I do like the sound of that..."

<Ja'far POV>

'N-No way.'

"(Y/N)?" Ja'far's eyes darted from side to side. 'Is this a prank?' But (Y/N)'s minimalistic expression didn't give anything away as she slowly stepped closer. "(Y/N)?!"

Ja'far raised his voice but to no avail. (Y/N)'s mind looked made-up, his pleas would get him nowhere with her at this point.

She then swung her sword, a faint glow following behind it.

Ja'far shut his eyes tightly. He knew the impact would be painful.

'I never got to tell her how I felt... Not like it would matter to her anyway, judging by the situation I'm in...'