A Place Among the Ranks

You woke up the next day with a figure looming over you.

Surprised, you swung your head up clashing with someone's else.

"Ow, ow..." The small magi whined rubbing his forehead. You looked around the room to also see Alibaba and the fanalis girl standing to the side.

"What are all of you doing here?" You questioned obviously irritated.

"Sinbad wants to speak with you..." Alibaba informed as he passed you your blade.

"Oh, okay." You answered passively while sliding of the bed. "I'll head over there now."

"You don't even know where the meeting room is Miss." Aladdin stated while giggling.

"You underestimate me..." You responded as a grin appeared on your face. You then stepped out the door as the group followed behind you.

"(Y/N)..." You turned to see the pink-haired girl addressing you. "I didn't get a chance to introduce myself yesterday. I'm Morgiana... A fanalis."

"Good to meet you, I'm (Y/N)." You greeted her while faking a smile. 

She turned her head and looked away abruptly. 'Oh well.'

Aladdin hummed happily to himself as you quietly kept leading them down the hall. 'Why did they have to come get me?'

"Why can't I hear your footsteps?" You looked to the side to see the blonde giving you a suspicious look.

"You know why." You responded a bit briskly. "I already told you... I got paid for this."

"O-Oh, right. It's just that-"

"So, do you know what Sinbad wants with me?" You interrupted Alibaba trying to avoid the topic.

"Something about training, or uh, I don't know." Alibaba remarked as he threw his arms behind his head. 'So he was just the messenger...'

A few moments later you were standing in front of the meeting room.

"I told you I knew where I was going." You triumphantly told the small magi with a smug look on your face. He merely let out a giggle and proceeded inside the room as you all followed. 'Little scumbag thinking I couldn't-'

"I trust you slept well (Y/N)." Sinbad greeted as soon as you entered the large room. Ja'far was standing next to Sinbad with his arms crossed glaring at you. 'Speaking of scum...'

"Just fine, what is it you would like to discuss?" You asked politely lowering your head, he was the King after all.

"How long will you be staying in Sindria?" Sinbad asked in a serious tone as he looked into your (E/C) eyes.

"I'm not really certain, but it's months we're looking at." You answered meeting his gaze.

"You're here on account of the former King of Balbadd ... Is that right?" The king was now tense as he laced his fingers together.

"That's right, as you know the Kou Empire has taken over Balbadd but has allowed it to be self-run. They sent me here to seek some sort of reform now that... My type of work is not allowed there anymore..." Your voice trailed off as you saw Sinbad raise a brow.