Reunions

'Where is Ja'far anyway?!'

You brought up your sword to par with Alibaba's and barely held your own, he was determined to get his revenge on your deeds.

"Looks like Ja'far won't be here to stop anything now." The metal grinded together sending sparks out, Alibaba grit his teeth as he pushed further.

"I've heard your words... Now let me speak mine." Before you felt your sword break, you broke the parry and jumped back further into the alley. "Revenge doesn't satisfy you."

"But your death will." His eyes gleamed with anger as he raised his large sword.

'I won't be able to last another hit from that and if I hurt him some questions that might cause suspicious will arise.' You looked around frantically but to no avail, and being close to the wall, your movement was limited.

You waited for Alibaba to get close before jumping over his swing and drawing three daggers you had on you. 'Sub Zero should be closing in if that guy wasn't lying.'

"Alibaba! Stop messing around! We need to get out of here!" You yelled throwing the knives to him.

"Not yet!" The blonde lazily cut through it with Amon's sword, his walk emotionless and his eyes locked on you.

You furrowed your brows in irritation before clicking your tongue. 'He really has his heart set on this doesn't he?'

You looked up again and almost yelped in surprise. 'What?!'

Lined up on the roof were members of Sub Zero looking down on you, it was too late.

Alibaba was to busy to notice the rock hurdling directly towards his head, the moment it hit him he was out cold and his djinn went back to its normal form rendering his defenseless. 'How could I have been so careless?!' You gritted your teeth as the group closed in on you.

A buff raider casually slugged Alibaba over his shoulder as another muscular man wearing leather armor jumped down do his side.

A man you recognized all too well... Kartos.

Name meaning god of strength and power, his hair darker then night and green eyes that pierced the thickest of personalities, a man who was meant to be feared... But also, a man who had a interesting crush on you.

It all started when he was contracted to kill you.

He couldn't.

You seemed to innocent, his employer didn't give him much information on you other than what you looked like and where you might be. Kartos then shadowed you and found himself liking things about you, like how you would brush your hair back or they way you carried yourself. And being the merc you were, you quickly noticed him lurking and confronted him with your sword, almost killing him.

That didn't make him give up though.

He told you how he was supposed to murder you and report back to his client but awkwardly found that he couldn't.

You both went after his employer and killed him in cold blood.

Kartos admired your skill and wanted to recruit you for Sub Zero, which you accepted wanting to know more about him.