15

1990 (2 and a half years later)

The 'Appetite For Destruction' tour had finished and the boys were in the studio, getting ready to record their new album in the making 'Use Your Illusion 1 & 2'.

It's been really weird, things weren't like they used too, Izzy rarely shows up to their rehearsals, he's changed and I don't think in a bad way, I've never got the chance to talk to him lately since my relationship with Duff had gotten so much stronger.

I could tell Duff was holding on to me like no other, the relationships between the guys were crumbling apart, I think Axl has taken a toll on them all.

And the most sad part is Steven, he is so strung out, and has been for the last year, this is in fact the very first rehearsal he's missed.

It's just Duff, Slash and I sitting silently in the studio room, their guitars in both of their arms, but none being played.

"Babe?" Duff asked, breaking the silence, and breaking me out of my haze.

"Yes?" I perked up, raising my shoulders.

"We have to tell you something, and I am not quite sure how you're going to take this but just know, it's for good purposes."

I watched as Izzy silently came through the door and sat opposite of me, just watching what was happening.

"So, we had to..." He paused.

I was now shaking of nerves, my panic attack kicking in, I know this is not good news, nothing this year has been good news.

"Kick popcorn out of the band." Izzy interrupted. "Jesus fucking Christ."

I instantly looked at Izzy and than back at Slash and Duff.

"Why?"

I could feel tears come on, I had tried to help Steven, god knows where he is right now. Over the last two and a half years Steven and I had also become unbearably close, we shared lots of interest in music and his personality struck me as someone I wanted to hang out with everyday, since Ashley had to eventually leave for home.

"Lil, he's strung out, fucking strung out, I'm sorry." Izzy once again finished for Slash and Duff.

My hands were still shaking and I was now sweating of nerve.

"So are you two!" I yelled, storming out.

I loved Duff and since all of this shit has been happening we had been closer than ever, but drugs and alcohol had also been closer than ever to him.

Izzy by this time was sober, he put his head in the game and that's why I am most proud of him.

"Lillie!" I heard a name call from behind me.

"Yea Izz?" I sighed.

"I'm sorry. About everything."

"Don't worry about it, you are sober, and healthy, while the rest of them won't fucking listen to m--"

"Lil, I'm quitting the band soon."

"You're what?"

"Face it, I don't want to be known as a stupid prick because the lead vocalist of our band won't get the fuck on stage, and sobriety is my main focus, I can't get back into the drugs and alcohol, it's not safe."

"I understand Izzy." I frowned. "A-are you moving away?"

Thankfully, he shook his head.

"And, um, I need to see Steven, where is he?"

"At his house."

I gave him a small smirk and began walking to Steven's, leaving Izzy behind me.

When I reached his door I knocked slightly, I stood there for about a minute with no answer so I just walked in.

"Steven!" I called.

No answer. His corvette was in the driveway, I knew he was home since he doesn't get off his ass.

I walked up to his bedroom and opened the door, the only light in the room was the tv and there were syringes all over the floor.

"Steven oh my god!" I screamed as I saw his unconscious, bleeding body on the ground.

I reached for the nearest phone and dialled 911.

"Hello, my friend Steven Adler is overdosing on heroin, get here as fast as possible."

I hung up the phone and made sure he wasn't turning to purple, I moved him to the shower and turned it on, shaking as I soaked him with cold water.

Sooner or later the cops came and wheeled him into an ambulance, I followed along and stayed in the back with him.

"Fucking junkies." I heard one of the paramedics say.

"Can you please fucking concentrate on keeping my friend alive? Thank you."

I was in no need or bullshit. Once you start the China white, you don't stop the China white.

One hour later

"Lillie are you okay?" Izzy asked worried as he saw me crying in the ER. "He's going to be okay."

"Izzy, it's not okay. He's so strung out to the point where he can't even play the drums, and where's Duff?" I asked still in tears.

"He's on his way."

A/N sorry for the short chapter, I was on writers block and sped stuff up a bit. I have some more ideas in mind so I should update more frequently. This one should be better than the last and I apologize for all the drug use but it's just the bitter reality, I've read every gnr autobiography.

Dictionary for those who don't know:

China White = Softer Heroin

OD = Overdose (taking to much of said drug)

Strung Out = Too Addicted

Junkie = a shittier word for a drug addict.