Chapter 6

Christmas Day has come and gone, and Trinity is still as sick as she was at the beginning of the week. Niall is starting to get worried. It seems like Trinity is only getting worse. Just yesterday she couldn't even walk up the stairs without feeling tired and falling asleep at the top of the stairs. He's worried about her, and he has not one idea what to do. The lads are suppose to be back later on today, and they are all meeting at the airport to drive over to Niall's to see how Trinity is. He's called her doctor numerous of times, but she says that it's just fatique and that it'll go away. The hospital is no help either. He doesn't know what to do. He keeps her hydrated and she's always sleeping, so it can't be fatique. Hopefully, when the lads get here, they can help Niall figure out what's going on with his daughter. Niall is on the couch with Trinity asleep on his lap, when he hears a jingle of keys and the door open. Footsteps echo through the home, and he hears those four familiar voices he's grow to know as his four best mates.

"Nialler, we're home! Where are you at?" Niall carefully sets Trinity on the couch and meets the lads in the hall way. "How is she doing?" Niall looks at the four lads before feeling his eyes tear up.

"It's getting worse. I don't know what to do. Her doctor said it's just fatique, but that can't be it because she's always sleeping and the hospital says there is nothing wrong with her, that she's just sick. I've found her asleep at the top of the stairs three times. It's terrfying me because I'm afraid she'll move and fall down the stairs. I don't know what to do. She's barely moved from the couch and hasn't eaten much at all." Niall releases a sob, and the four lads quickly move forward and hug the blonde.

"Niall, you have to calm down. Maybe she just ate something bad. Let's go into the room and see what she's doing."

"She's sleeping right now, but she should be up in a few minutes." The five lads walk into the room to see Trinity just waking up. She slowly sits up and looks around the room before looking over the couch and smiling widely. Harry walks over to her and picks her up to hug her.

"Hey cupcake. How're you feeling?" She puts her arms around his neck, places her head on his shoulder, and shakes her head. "Not good, no? Well, now everyone is here so we can all sit on the couch and watch movies all day. How does that sound?" Trinity nods her head and looks over Harry's shoulder and smiles when she sees Zayn. 

"Baba!" Zayn walks over and takes Trinity from Harry and hugs her tightly. 

"Hey babygirl. I missed you."

"Miss you too. You all stay now, right?" Zayn nods his head.

"Yeah. We're staying for right now. Why don't you go pick out a movie to watch." Zayn sets her down and steadies her as she stumbles a little. He sends Niall a worried look. Louis and Liam walk over to her and each take one hand. The three of them walk over to the DVD tower beside the tv and pick out several movies whilst Harry, Zayn, and Niall walk into the kitchen to get drinks and snacks.

"How long has this been going on NIall?" Harry asks with concern.

"She suddenly got sick the day you lot left. I called and talked to Louis about it and he said if she doesn't get better when you lot come back then he was going to take care of it. Usually when you're sick it gets worse before it gets better, but it doesn't look like she's getting any better. It worries me because I have no idea what to do. Maybe Louis will know what to do about it." The three walk out of the kitchen to see Liam and Louis on the floor beside Trinity with crayons and color books surrounding them. 

"Uncle LiLi, monkeys are not purple! They are orange, brown or black. No purple." She slides a brown crayon to him and he takes it with a smile.

"My apologizes Trinity. I'll make sure to make the monkey brown." Niall rolls his eyes before walking into the room completely.

"What movie are we watching?" Trinity quickly stands up and points toward the tv. 

"Cinderella." Niall walks over to the table and cleans up the crayons before setting the food and drinks on the table. He picks Trinity up and sits on the couch. The four lads sit around Niall, and Trintiy makes her way between Harry and Liam. After watching all three Cinderella movies, Niall excuses himself to the bathroom. On his way out of the bathroom he sees Liam running down the hallway.

"Niall, get downstairs. Now." Niall doesn't question it and runs down the stairs with Liam. He stops at the balcony and sees Harry standing near the kitchen with a phone to his ear and tears on his face whilst Zayn and Louis are crouched over in front of the couch.

"What the hell is going on?" Zayn looks up at Niall with tears in his eyes. Now Niall is worried, concerned and curious. Why the hell is everyone frantic?

"Trinity isn't breathing." Niall all but jumps over the balcony and rushes to Trinity's side. 

"What the hell happened? I wasn't even gone for five minutes." Harry is beside him next.

"Paramedics are on their way now."

"What happened?"

"She started coughing then she set her head on Liam's side. Her breathing got really heavy then faint, so Liam checked on her and he could barely hear her breathing. We set her on the ground so Louis could try to clear her airways, and Liam came to get you."

"Zayn stay by the door to let the medics in please." Zayn leaves and returns minutes later with the medics not far behind him. The medics load Trinity onto a gurney, and Niall is quick to follow them into the back of the truck. He looks at the lads and throws them his car keys. "Follow behind. I'll see you lot there." The medics close the doors, and the truck is brought to life. Niall takes a seat beside Trinity and grabs her hand. He kisses her hand and moves hair from her face. "Stay with me babygirl. Please don't leave me. Not now." 

The medics' truck rush through traffic with the sirens on full blast. The medics in the back work quickly to get Trinity to start breathing again. After putting in an I.V. and getting her an oxygen mask she begins to breath once again. Niall is able to steady his breathing and kisses her hand once again. "That a girl. Please just stay with daddy. I love you very much." They arrive at the hospital minutes later and they rush into the building. Niall followed as far as he could before nurses held him back from entering the building any farther.

"I'm sorry Mr. Horan, but you have to stay in the waiting room until we figure out what happened. Please stay here." Niall walks to the waiting room and takes a seat. Not much time has passed before the four lads enter the hospital. They rush over to him and bombard him with qustions. 

"How is she?" 

"Is she okay?" Niall raises his hands to quiet them down. 

"They got her to breath on the way here, but I haven't seen her yet. I'm waiting for a nurse or doctor to tell me what's going on." The five lads wait in the waiting room for what seems like an eternity before a nurse finally walks over to them with a smile on her face.

"I have good news. She's breathing just fine and she's responding to treatment very well. Though she isn't awake we expect her to make a full recovery by tomorrow at the earliest. Would you like to see her?" They all nods and follow the nurse to Trinity's room. Niall opens the door and walks in quietly. He moves a chair closer to Trinity's bed and grabs her hand once again. 

"Hey baby. So, it's obvious that you have real bad luck when it comes to the hospital. We were here not that long ago, but I'm glad you're doing okay. You just have to wake up tomorrow so we can find out what exactly happened. We all love you so much babygirl and we want you to get better. It hasn't been that long since we were at home watching a movie but it seems like forever since I heard you laugh. You're going to be okay. I won't let anything happen to you at all. From here on out, I will make it my number one priority to keep you safe from as much as I can. You know why babygirl? Because I love you, and nothing beats being daddy's little girl. I will make sure you have one of the most overprotective dads out there."

"Don't forget uncles as well." Louis interjects. Niall nods in agreement.

"Yeah. You have a very over protective family in the room with you. We all want you safe babygirl. We love you."