Chapter 10

It's been a few days since Melanie left the hospital, and today is also the daay that Trinity is finally able to leave the hospital. Niall picks up her bag that lays beside the bed and turns to looks down at Trinity with a small, soft smile. "You're finally going home, babygirl, are you excited?" Trinity nods her head quickly with a smile. She lifts her arms in the arm toward her dad to show that she wants to be held on the way out. With a quick adjustment to the bag on Niall's shoulder, he picks Trinity up and double checks he has everything before leaving the hospital room. They walk past the nurses' station and Trinity waves goodbye to all of the nurses. Niall presses the down button on the elevator and looks at Trinity. "We have to stop by baba's house before going home, okay?" Trinity nods her head then lays it down on Niall's shoulder.

"Miss baba." Niall nods his head in agreement.

"I know you have. I have too, but Perrie is in town and he's spending all of his free time with her before she's back on tour again." The elevator makes it way to Niall's floor and the entire way down was absolutely silent. Niall was thinking about how distance Zayn's been the past few days, whilst Trinity is just ready to be home again. The ride to the ground floor was short and, luckily, Niall made it to the car before anyone actually saw them. He buckles Trinity in before getting into the driver's seat and calls Zayn. When he picks up, Niall explains that him and Trinity were on their way. Once again, Zayn said little words and hung up as soon as he could. Maybe Perrie needed him for something, Niall thought. Yeah, that's it. He's perfectly fine. The drive to Zayn's is short and quiet. Niall pulls into Zayn's drive way and parks in his normal parking spot. He unbuckles his seatbelt then gets out to get Trinoty out of her carseat. He sets her to the ground and she runs up to the door where she knocks with as much force as she can. By the time Niall makes it to the door, Trinity is still knocking. With a shake of his head, Niall takes out his spare key and opens the door. He keeps Trinity by his side, just in case and yells out for Zayn. He gets a reply that Zayn's in the kitchen, so Niall takes Trinity's hand before leading her to the kitchen. As soon as Trinity sees Zayn, she lets go of Niall's hand and runs over to him and hugs his legs. Zayn stops what he is doing to bend down and pick Trinity up. He hugs her tightly and kisses the side of her head.

"I've missed you so much babygirl. I'm sorry you haven't saw me the past few days. Perrie is home and I wanted to see her before she left." Trinity nods in understanding and hugs Zayn back as tightly as she can.

"Love baba."

"Love you too." He sets Trinity down and sees Niall standing on the far end of the kitchen. "What, no hello Zayn?" Niall cracks a small smile.

"Hello Zayn." Zayn cocks an eye brow, but it goes unnoticed by Niall.

"Babygirl, why don't you go into the room and pick out a movie whilst daddy and baba talk, okay?" Trinity nods and runs towards the sitting room whilst Zayn nods toward the chairs in front of him and Niall. They both it down opposite of each other and stare at one another for quite some time. "Nialler, what's wrong?"

"Have I done something tobupset uou in anyway?" Zayn is taken nack by this question. He hasn't saw any of the lads since Perrie got here. He hopes they all don't feel this way. Zayn shakes his head after that thought.

"Why would you think that?"

"It just seems like you've been distant for the last few days. Did I do something to provoke that?" Zayn shakes his head quickly.

"No. Perrie and I aren't in the right place of mind right now. We were fighting last night. About you amd Trinity, actually."

"What happened?"

"I told her about how as soon as Trinity is out of the hospital then you both would be over here after. She yelled and said about how I've been spending all of my time with you and Trinity and she doesn't like that. I told her it's because of Trinity's for one, and because we've always been close. Then she went to the subject about how Trinity calls me baba. Perrie thinks it's unhealthy for someone like Trinity to be calling me baba because I'm not actually her dad. She thinks that once Trinity is out in the open and calls me baba everyone will think we're gay." Niall can't believe what he is hearing.

"What did she mean by someone like Trinity? She's four years old!" Zayn nods his head in agreement. He's completely on Niall's side.

"I told her that and her response was that it isn't healthy for her to be calling someone her parent if they aren't. She has issues with Trinity calling the lads uncle because 'they aren't her real family'. But I took care of it. No worries." Trinity then runs into the kitchen crying loudly. Niall and Zayn are both up from their chairs and down on their knees to match Trinity's height. "What's wrong babygirl?" She runs into Niall's chest and wraps her arms around his neck.

"Baba not real baba?"

"No baby, but you knew that already. Why are you crying?"

"P-Perrie told m-me t-to stop c-calling Z-Zayn babay b-because he's not real b-baba." Niall looks at Zayn with a stern look before looking down at Trinity.

"Did you hear baba and I talking?" Trinity shakes her head and points to the sitting room.

"P-Perrie told m-me." Zayn is quick to stand up amd walks into the sitting room to see Perrie watching television. She turns to him and smiles.

"Hey Z, want to watch a movie?"

"What did you tell her?" Perrie smirks up at Zayn with a shrug.

"The truth."

"Zayn, I'm taking Trinity home. I can see we aren't wanted here." Niall heads toward the door with Trinity clinging onto Niall by wrapping her arms round his neck. They leave the house and Niall buckles Trinity in before getting into the drivers' seat and starting up the car. They leave the flat moments later and head home.

~~~~~~~~

Five minutes go by and Niall pulls into his own drive way. After parking the car and getting Trinity out of her carseat, he heads inside and sets her on the couch to watch a movie on the telly. He walks into the kitchen to grab a drink whilst calling Liam. They talk for a good while about everything  happened at Zayn's flat when someone knocks on the door. He yells to Trinity that he'll get it, and tells Liam to hold on. He answers the door and is met with a tall man in a blue suit.

"Mr. Niall James Horan?" Niall nods his head in confusion.

"That's me." The man hands him an envelope with a stern look.

"You've been served." Niall takes the envelope and before he can ask what is in it, the man is already leaving the drive way. Niall closes the dor and walks back into the kitchen to pick up the phone to continue his call with Liam.

"Who was it, Nialler?"

"Looked like a lawyer." Niall opens the envelope and unfold the papers. The title was enough for him.

"Well, what does ot say?" Tears form in Niall's eyes.

"Custody of Child. Li, Melanie is trying to get custody of Trinity."