Chapter 24 (Final)

THREE YEAR LEAP 

It's Trinity's 15th birthday. She wakes up a lot earlier than usual and makes her way down to the kitchen and begins to make breakfast. By the time she's done, Niall is just strolling in in his usual plaid looking pajama bottoms and is still rubbing the sleep from his eyes. When he finally is more alert, he sees Trinity setting the last plate onto the table before sitting down. "Good morning, daddy!" Niall smiles and walks over and kisses the side of Trinity's head. 

"Good morning, darling. Happy birthday." They sit in silence to eat and clean the kitchen up together before deciding to get ready for the day. After Niall finishes getting ready, he knocks on Trinity's door and tells her to be ready by 1, and then heads downstairs to call the lads to make sure the plan is still happening. When he receives his answer, he smiles to himself before getting lost in his thoughts. He thinks about the last 15 years with his daughter and how much has changed. He begins to tear up a bit but stops himself when he hears Trinity come down the stairs. 

"So, what do you have in mind today, daddy? The usual birthday tradition? Not that I mind, but the zookeepers know us by name and the animals know who we are now too." Niall laughs a small bit before shaking his head. 

"Not today darling. Today is different. The lads will be over in a bit and then we have the entire day planned out. Plus the small get together for the family at the end of the night." Trinity nods her head at the idea before speaking. 

"Good, because I want everyone together for the announcement I have to make." Niall cocks an eyebrow before walking towards Trinity, who is still on the stairs. 

"Announcement? What kind of announcement? I think I should know before everyone else." Trinity sets her hand on Niall's shoulder and gives him a small smile. 

"Don't worry. It's nothing outrageous. You're gonna love it." Niall laughs nervously,

"Darling, I'm not trying to suggest anything, but those were the exact words I said to your grandparents before I told them the news that your mum and I were expecting you." Trinity's eyes widen.

"Daddy, no! That' s not it at all. I swear. I'm still a virgin!" Niall steps back and groans a bit. 

"I didn't need to know that, but thanks. I didn't mean to suggest that in that way. I'm just saying, I wish I knew before everyone else does." Trinity shakes her head, determined not to give in. She has decided to keep this secret until everyone is together so she got the reactions all in one place. 

The lads show up not long after that, and they all wish Trinity a happy birthday before leaving Niall's flat. Niall and Trinity get into Niall's car, since Liam and Louis' cars are full, and they soon all head toward the first surprise of the day. After about twenty minutes of singing loudly, they pulled into an empty parking lot. Niall is quick to put a blindfold over Trinity's eyes, to make sure she doesn't catch sight of any surroundings. "Dad, really? This is like some 50 shades shit." Niall stops moving and looks right at Trinity with surprise. Trinity, on the other hand, curses herself silently knowing exactly what she did.

"Trinity Jane Horan, I don't believe I heard you right. Would you like to repeat yourself?" Trinity shakes her head quickly before speaking. 

"I'm sorry, daddy. I know better than to use that kind of language. Please accept my apology." They sit there in silence as Niall figures out whether he should let it go or not, but of course since it's his daughter's birthday, he does.

"I accept your apology, Trinity. But speak like that again, and you'll be in trouble." They make their way our of the car and walk over to meet up with the lads and the kids. As they walk into the building, Trinity is instantly able to recognize where they are. Trinity gets a huge smile on her face and rips her blindfold off.