Chapter 12

5 years later

It's been five years since that traumatic court date. The lads are finishing up one of the very last tours of their careers, wanting to take a break for good this time. Things haven't been the same with those five since Trinity left. Zayn was so heartbroken that him and Perdue fought to the point where they are no longer together, Harry isn't as quirky as the fans use to see him as. He started acting a lot older than he was, Liam was the strongest out of the bunch but it even caused him to go into silent states for a few hours where he wouldn't talk to anyone. The lads were concerned at first, but respected him wishes, Louis was not as goofy either. He would just stay quiet when he was not spoken to and not be a loud as usual. Obviously Niall took it the worst when she left. Niall, for a lack of words, stopped being Niall. He stopped eating and playing guitar and just spent all of his time in his bedroom looking at all of the pictures he had of her and them whilst listening to all of her favorite songs. Long story short, they weren't the same after she left.

When Melanie and Trinity first landed in Italy, the first thing Melanie did was change Trinity name. 'That name is God awful and I forbid my daughter to have such a name.' She would tell Trinity everytime she asked about it. Melanie decided her name would be Piper-Jane Elisabeth Porter, or PJ for short. Melanie has also changed Trinity's hair from a dirty blonde to a dark brunette and her prominent blue eyes to a light grey colours. So now instead of looking like Niall, she looks exactly like her mum. Mel also enrolled her in Starr Agency's young talent so she's a model as well. Fast forward five years, to the age of ten, and she's multitalented. She's a model, football player, ballet dancer, Straight A student, reads at a secondary level, speaks four languages, and is the smartest person in her grade. 'I get it from Uncle LiLi when he use to help me with maths.' Trinity would explain. Then Melanie would get all upset about them being brought up in a conversation. Life for Trinity in Italy is nothing she wants.

~~~~~~~~

Monday afternoons, Trinity finds herself in class, learning about boring things that she won't ever need in life.

"Can anyone tell me what Paraskevidekatriaphobia means?" Every one looks around the room, hoping someone would know it. After a few seconds, Trinity raises her hand with a sigh. "Yes, PJ."

"Paraskevidekatriaphobia means fear of Friday the 13th, which occurs one to three times a year." The students turn to the teacher who nods with excitement.

"Yes, very much so. I am so proud of you PJ." It's the same thing everyday. Monday evenings is footie practice. She's captain of the team obviously. Her "mom" pays good money for her to be in so many after school activities, but nothing is as important as modeling.

"Piper-Jane, would you please look at the camera." The frustrated photographer yells everyday. Trinity looks at the camera then sighs when she hears the final click.

"Mum, why do I have to do this again?"

"Because it pays for your school. You wouldn't want to go to a public school would you?"

"Maybe there I would make friends." Melanie turns to her daughter and shakes her head.

"You have friends at Ridgeway Prep, darling." Trinity crosses her arms and rolls her eyes, something she picked up from Louis when he's in one of his, as Niall use to call them, sassy fits.

"Mummy, they only like me because I'm a Porter. Why can't I go to school in, I don't know, London, as a Horan." She states with her mixed Irish/Italian accent, which people find adorable. Melanie drops a camera to the floor and looks at Trinity.

"Piper-Jane, you take that back. You are a Porter and it's about high time you live up to it. If you were to be a Horan then he would have won the custody battle, but alas, you're here with me. So drop it, or I will call Coach Clines." Trinity stops arguing and walks into the youth's dressing room where she pulls out her phone and smiles a small smile at her screen saver of her dad and uncles.