Chapter 18

Dedicated to fooooodisbae. I hope that's your username. This is her character's chapter. New character! :) I hope you enjoy. 

~T<3

------------

After ten minutes, Liam pulls up to the store parking lot with Coen babbling along with the song playing on the radio. Once Liam turns off the ignition, he's quick to take Coen out of his seat and walks into the store. "Now Coen, don't run off. I don't need you lost." Coen nods his head and takes Liam's hand with a smile.

"Piza, daddy?" Liam looks down at the Coen's innocent face.

"Pizza for dinner? Is that what you want?" Coen nods his head and Liam has to agree. How can't he? It's a miniature him, and now he understands why people always complain about his puppy dog face. He lets out a sigh and grabs a trolley before heading toward the aisles. He fills the trolley with everything Coen wants and some food here and there, before they make their way to the check out. Whilst Liam was packing out the trunk of the car, his phone begins to vibrate in his pocket. He closes the trunk and pulls his phone out. He smiles a little when he sees it's a text from Sophia.

There's a few things, I think, we need to talk about. Mind meeting me at the shopping plaza?

He's quick to reply back, wanting her to come back into his and Coen's life.

Of course, I'll be there in a few minutes.

She didn't respond back, but he was quick to start the car and head toward the shopping plaza. He parks the car and picks Coen up before walking into the plaza. He sends her a text that he's there and she soon replies with the location of where they should meet. He walks to the food court and smiles when he sees Sophia sitting there, waiting. Coen soon realizes what Liam's looking at and begins to squirm in his arms. He walks over and takes a seat across from her. She smiles lightly at Coen before giving Liam an awkward smile.

"You shouldn't have brought him Liam. This needs to be between the two of us." Liam scoffs and sets Coen in the seat beside him.

"Not bring him? He's our child. I figured he'd want to see his mum. Apparently, you don't want to see him. Besides, we just came from the store so I wasn't just going to drop him off with one of the lads. They have lives you know. What's so important that you didn't want him to be here?" Sophia takes a few deep breaths before continuing.

"I think it's time we went our separate ways. For good." He goes to interrupt, but Sophia is quick to stop him. "Now, before you say anything else, hear me out. What I did a few weeks back were terrible and I was stupid to even go home with him, so in these few weeks I took some time to think and decided you and Coen deserve better than that. I'll be by the flat to pick up my things and I'll be out of your life for good."

"Soph-"

"Please Liam, just stop. What I did was wrong and I'm sorry, but you don't deserve that. I'm sorry." She stands up from her chair and walks away. Coen looks up at Liam with a confused look on his face.

"Where mummy going?" Liam stands up from his chair and picks Coen up and he walks them to the toy store in the plaza. He sets him down and kneels so he's face to face with Coen.

"Alright bud. Why don't you pick out your favourite toy then I'll explain to you what happened today, alright? Maybe we'll even go and visit Trinny and uncle Nee, okay?" Coen nods and starts to walk off into the store. Liam walks over to one of the corners and pulls out his phone and dials Niall's number. He waits a few minutes before the call gets picked up.

"Hey Uncle LiLi!" Liam smiles when he hears his niece's voice and calms down a bit.

"Hey Trinity, is your dad able to talk?"