18 | revenge is sweet

There's nothing hotter than an angry Italian woman.

RIA'S HEART SINKS as three raps strike the door

Jared and Sophia snap their heads towards her, clad in elegant attire but with such ugly scowls upon their faces. Venom practically drips from Sophia's eyes. Jared adjusts his glasses two times more than necessary.

"Well," Sophia chides and folds thin arms over her glittering gold dress, "go let the asshole in."

Jared nods and straightens out his suit. "Yeah. Let the butthole in."

Ria sighs and rises off the sofa. She trudges towards the door, and with opening it intakes a massive wave of cologne and a blinding smile.

"Hey, baby."

She chokes on his fumes and rubs her eyes. "Hey."

Chris plants a kiss on her lips before she can stop him and strides in with his head high and lips arched. "You look fucking hot." He grins and rubs her bare shoulder. "I bet we'll be the hottest couple at this art thing."

Ria looks down at herself. A form-fitting black dress hugs her frame, giving her small breast more credit than they probably deserve with a low neckline outlined in thick gold. It resembles the dress she wore on her first date with Ashton; she thought it might be nice to tease him a little.

"Thanks," she mumbles and points a vague hand towards his grey suit. "You look pretty nice, I guess."

A smirk contorts his haughty expression and he brushes back his freshly trimmed hair. "It's only right that I match my girl."

Ria cringes and fights the urge to palm her face. This is only for a few hours. Don't quit now. Just wait till he meets Dea. It'll all be worth it.

"Ahem!" Sophia's high voice rings from the living room.

Chris turns his head and his eyes widen. "Well, if it isn't my two favorite people! The midget and the lesbian."

Sophia narrows her eyes. "Don't call me a fucking midget."

Jared doesn't bother acknowledging Chris' joke. Back in college, he seemed to find it hilarious that Sophia dumped Jared for a woman and somehow found it fitting to call Jared lesbian as if it were some sort of inside joke.

I'm so sorry guys. Ria pleads for them to understand with her eyes. It's only a few hours, I swear.

"It was a joke," Chris sneers and rolls his eyes. "Loosen up, will ya? The group is back together like old times." He wraps an arm around Ria's shoulder and kisses her forehead. "Let's have some fun tonight."

Sophia gathers her dress and shoots up off the couch. She makes a show of storming past Chris in her neck-breaking heels and towards the front door. "I am going to head to the car before there is a murder scene."