32 | his turmoil

Touch her and I will not hesitate to kill you.

FAINT WHISPERS tickle the surface of Ashton's chest

FAINT WHISPERS tickle the surface of Ashton's chest. Opening his eyes exposes him to a mess of auburn curls. Ria traces the muscles of his abdomen and hums a soft tune.

Something gentle tugs at the strings around his heart.

"What are you singing?" His voice comes out raspy from sleep. He runs his fingers through her hair and tries to ignore the rush of emotions surging through him.

"Just a song," she mumbles and snuggles closer to him. Her soft skin caresses his causing blood to rush down his body. She kisses his stomach and trails her fingers down his pelvis. "Someone's getting excited."

"You should be used to that," he teases.

Her lips arch a fraction. "So, I've been thinking, our six month anniversary is coming up..."

"Six?"

"Mhm. If I remember correctly, we'll have been together for six months in September. Maybe that'd be a romantic time to have our getaway."

"I've never had an anniversary before." A grin spreads across his face at the realization. "I've never been with anyone this long before."

"So, I'm your first?" She beams and he swears there are actual stars in her eyes.

"You sure are."

"That makes me so happy. I can't wait for you to meet my parents." His smile drops while she carries on. "They weren't really a fan of Chris but I know you'll leave a good impression. My mama will love you. Papa is French and he's not very trusting of Americans. Don't take it personally, he's just-"

"Wait." Ashton sits up in bed, pulling blankets and Ria up with him. "I'm meeting your parents?" He tries and fails to ease the panic in his voice and the fury of his heart.

"Yeah." Hesitance grasps her voice. She rustles around until she's sitting on his lap with her hands lying on his shoulders.

Ashton groans deep in his chest and lies his head back. "Holy fuck, Ria-" Heat bursts inside him and his blood rushes all to one spot. "You can't just do that."

"What? They drive down for my birthday every year. I thought I told you alr-"

"No," he groans. "You're naked and less than an inch away from me pinning you to this bed and repeating everything we did last night."

"Oh..." A blush spreads across her cheeks and she scoots back until she's a safe distance between his legs. "I'm sorry."

"No, it's okay." He chuckles as the sexual tension eases aside. "I don't think you're aware of how dangerous you are."

She bites her lip. "I like being dangerous."

"Mhm. I'm sure you love torturing me with that beautiful, sexy body of yours."