part 2

The lesson seamed to drag on, when the bell went there was a wave of relief in my boy that I wouldn't have to spend another hour with Ashton chatting me up. He reminded me of Luke, this was not a good thing, to say the least. I knew that type of boy, especially because Luke followed on from our older brother Jace. They both thought the world revolved around them and that their devilishly good looks and boyish charm with get the through anything. Ashton's charm would have worked on any other girl, but not me, I was use to it. Picking up my bag I walk out of the room as quickly as I could and headed straight to mechanics. It was out of the school building its self and around the back where there was a work shop with a load of cars and bikes. The concrete floor was covered in oil and crusty mud. I walked in, slowing down from my speed walk as I went in.

"I think you've got the wrong class girly, catering is inside by the kitchens" A boy with pink hair that was holding a wrench and had oil down his left cheek. 

"Don’t call me girly and I’m in the right place” I replied.

"Boys this is Gemma Hemmings, she's new, from England" someone said from around the corner, who I guessed was the teacher. "I expect you boys to be good, I’m going to talk to the head master about getting us new equipment, I’ll be back as soon as I can." he said walking out of the room. He was a stumpy man around him mid forty’s; his overalls were tied around his waist, with a gray t shirt that was stained with oil underneath. 

"Overall’s are over there" the boy from earlier said. Pointing towards the back of a cupboard door were dark blue overalls were hanging up. I walked over putting my bag down and my jacket on top of it, pulling the overalls on. They smelt like sweat and oil, not to appealing. I tied my hair up and got to work.  I was meant to be changing the oil tank on one of the old cars. I lay on the creeper and wheeled myself under the car. I had soon taken the oil tank out, get oil on my face but I didn't care, I was warm under the car and I soon started to feel the sweat on my face. I wheeled back out from under the car. The bright light burned my eyes. I got up and put the empty oil tank on the bench.

"AAA she did it man" one of the boys said. I span around and every boy in the work shop had gathered around my car, they had been watching me. Bar one that was under a car and wasn't paying any attention.

"Dang you Sam" said they guy from earlier handing over a 5 dollar bill.

"That’s what you get from betting max" Sam said placing the bill in his jean pocket. 

"Have you guys been betting on me?"

"Don’t worry you pretty little head" said Sam turning back to the boys.

"You didn't thing I could do it, did you" I said walking over to the group of boys.

"No, none of us did, apart from me" Sam said turning around. 

"Why did you think I could do it and none of the others did?"

"because, the first thing you picked up was a tool box and not the instructions, it seemed like you knew what you were doing" he smiled rubbing his oily hands on his overall sleeves that hung down by his sides, he had unbuttoned his overalls to his hips and he had taken his shirts off, leaving his toned tummy on full display. 

"Sure you don't want any help girly" Michael said. 

"Call me girly one more time and I will personally staple you mouth shut". I said looking at him with a disgusted look. There was an ooooooo from the rest of the boys.

"Ei ei ei, mami" a boy said in a Spanish accent.  I turned away and walked back to the bench, I heard his foot steps behind me and span around and grabbed his hand that were pretending to grope my bum.