part 7

It was half way through the movie. Neither of us had spoken the whole time. 

"I don't get it Jace and Clary clearly like each other why don’t they just date" Ashton said. I pulled away from his chest and looked into his eyes.

"Because Jace has a reputation and doesn't want to get Clary involved in it all, he's trying to protect her in a weird sort of way" 

"Ohh, well that's cute"

"Did you really just say cute?"

"Yeah, I think you’re cute too" he said winking and placing a hand on my neck.

"Do you know?"

"I do indeed" he said and kissed me gently. His soft lips brushed mine, sending a shiver down my spine and making my lips tingle. I kissed him back. His hand found my waist pulling me closer to him leaving a trail of fire where he touched me. He deepened the kiss forcing our body’s closer together. He kissed my neck, leaving fire as he went.

"Ashton..."

"Uuuhuu" he managed to say in between kisses.

"I’m not sure if I can do this"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean this, us"

"I still don’t get it"

"I can't deal with the emotion involved and my life is messy right now, I don’t want to get you involved"

"I know"

"This time I don’t get it"

"I know I know what's going on". Did he, how could I have been so stupid I shouldn't have been with Ashton at all I should have avoided him. I didn't try my best and I was gonna face the consequences. We would probably have to move and as for Ashton, I didn't even want to think about what would happen to him.

"You do, how long have you known, what gave it away?"

"At the party when he walked out the room"

"..Wait, come again"

"You think Luke will be angry and if this does go anywhere else, what I’d be happy for it too, you think he won’t approve"

"Oh, OH. Yeah, yeah that's it" I tried to say as convincingly as I could.  

"I mean Luke has warned some of the boys that he thought might stand a chance but he hasn't said anything to me. He’s very protective over you, you know"

"Has he?"

"Yeah, haven't you noticed that literally no one has tried anything?"

"No. I just thought I wasn't that appealing"

"You are very, very appealing, trust Me." he said biting his lip. I shook my head smirking. “If you want I could take you of the market well and truly"

"Ashton...I don't know. I can't deal with this at the moment. I don't want you to get involved with my life."

"I want to be involved. I don't just wanna bang you. You’re not like other girls. You’re different and that’s what I like about you. You drive me crazy. No girl had ever been able to do that. Not even Christy."

"I..." I trailed of as my breath got caught in my throat. "I can't I’m sorry"

"Don’t worry, I get it. If you cool with the arrangement we have here I’m cool with that"

"No emotions, no feelings, nothing. Ok and as soon as you feel you're self getting attached, we end it. No heart to hearts nothing. Just purely friends with benefits"