part 11

Ashton's P.O.V

I woke up tuning to my side hoping to see if Gemma was still asleep next to me. She wasn't there but she'd put the bed cover back around me. I flung the warm covers off my body. The harsh cold air hit my bear chest like sheets of glass. My feet hit the floor and I padded out of my room. She wasn't anywhere in the up stares of the house. I walked down the stairs and heard a faint noise; I couldn't quite make out what it was. I crept thought the House, in doing so I released that it was someone sobbing. I reached the kitchen. It was Gemma. She sat with her head in her hands lightly sobbing. 

"Hey, hey, hey. Why are you crying? Shuu. Shuu. Don’t cry" I said pulling her hand away from her face, kneeling down so we were eye level. 

"It’s-all-my-fault" she said between sharp intakes of breath. 

"How could this ever have been your fault?"

"If I was here then I could have helped and they might not be gone and I got you and your family involved, I’m so sorry”. My grip on her wrists loosened, I stood up and hugged her. 

"Gemma Hemmings listen to me now, none of this" I said gesturing around" is ever or ever will be any of your fault"

"I screwed it all up Ash. I should have been here" she said as a tear leaked out of her already re and puffy eyes. She still looked beautiful, to me any way. She ways did. 

"You didn't never think like that you don't deserve to. It’s demeaning" I said she giggled slightly sniffling as she did so. This brought a smile creeping on to my face. The sun was rising though the open kitchen turning the white tiles various shades of orange and pink. 

"Promise me you'll help me get them back" she said locking my gaze. Her blue eyes were emphasized by the tears trying to escape them. She was so venerable, with her blonde hair falling out of the bun that she had obliviously done in a hurry, slanting to the left side of her head.

"I have a feeling everything is going to work out. Give it another day, clean up your place. If they aren't back by this time tomorrow we'll go and look. Deal" I said cupping her slightly shaking hands in mind. Her delicate fingers wrapped around mine.

"But the letter, we can’t wait" 

"Trust me" I said squeezing her hand. She swallowed looking apprehensively, paused for a moment, her lips parted, as they always do when she was concerned, then nodded. 

"Okay, I trust you" he said liking the fresh tears from her pink lisps. She fell into my arms hugging me tightly, our bodies pressed together tightly. I breathed out a sigh and smiled to myself.

"Come on you must be hungry, I’ll make you some breakfast" he said letting go of the hug walking over to the fridge and opening it. It was exactly the same as the day before. I took out some left over pan cake batter and out it on the work surface next to the cooker. 

 Gemma's P.O.V

After eating the pan cakes that Ashton had made we set of to my house to clean it up. What I suspected would take longer than a day. The sun was fully raised in the sky as we walked across the small piece of grass between the two houses. It was sunny but you still needed a jacket. This was my favourite kind of weather. Sunny but not too sun and cold but not chilly. The weather and Ashton seamed to be the only thing that was perking me up this morning. Usually it was Jace with a sarcastic joke or Luke doing something stupid or, most often, clumsy. I opened the door. There was no need for a key. The lock was broken, but only slightly. the door still shut properly and unless you had known there had been a break in, what wasn't clear from the outside of the house, well at least it wouldn't have been to mundane, then you wouldn't have noticed it. Walking in there was still the same spine chilling sense and sent of blood mixed with damp. It was stronger now than it had been before. It was unfamiliar to my nose, making the hairs inside stick up against the pungent odor. You could almost taste it. The house seemed to be in a worse state than it had been before, everything smashed or broken.