part 13

Ashton's P.O.V

Well I’m screwed. I could have saved Gemma if I had tried. Why didn’t I do something? Why am I so stupid? I sat down on the bed running my hand through my still quite damp hair and tugging on it in frustration. I didn't even know where she was, I didn’t know how long she would be alive and furthermore she was with a psychopath. I was re thinking the situation there were so many things I didn’t do what I should have. As I sat on my own in frustration I heard a click of the door. My heart beat seamed to start up again, like it had been dormant until then. I jumped off of the bed on to my toes as I had been told to and crept from the room as quiet as I could. 

"Gemma, Ashton?" a shout from down stares came, it was Luke. I ran from the room and down the stairs. I practically jumped into Lukes arms. He hugged me tightly. "You are ok, your mum and dad have gone next door. Where is Gemma?" he asked his eyes widening as longing began to fill them.

"I-" I stopped; he knew what was coming next. His face dropped.

"Ash how could you" Luke said.

"It’s not his fault" Jace butted in. “you know what Ian's like, don’t try pinning the face Gemma is gone on Ashton" Luke didn’t reply but stormed past me and up the stairs in a rage."Ash don’t worry about him he's just been through a lot today"

"Thanks for looking after her as best you could" said Gemma's mum Liz. I smiled the tension in the air was nearly unbearable. 

"I should go" I asked awkwardly walking past them all and out the door. How was I mean to tell a family that it was my fault a mental person had their daughter hostage. It was dark and really could outside, I didn’t seam to notice as I walked into the house next door. I was greeted by both my parents and Lloyd flinging their arms around me. 

"Thank god you are ok" mum said franticly. "How about Gemma"

"Can we not talk about this now" I said pulling away. "i-i need to sleep this off" I walked up stairs to my room. Shutting the door behind me I practically launched myself into my sweet smelling pillow. There was a knock at the door; I didn’t bother to look up or even tell them to go away, seeing as they wouldn’t listen. 

"Ash, are you ok" it was Lloyd. He sat down next to me on the bed. "What happened mate"

"Lloyd, do we have to talk about this?" I said propping myself up on my elbows.

"Yes, you need to tell me so I can help you" 

"Fine. He took her, your dad, Ian. and I don’t know where she is I don’t know if she is alive I don’t know what’s happening to her at all and I could have stopped it. I should have done something but I didn’t" I said hitting my pillow with a balled fist.

"So I'm guessing you may or may not have a plan"

"I do, it will probably get me killed but she will be ok"

"Ash, Dylan’s not bad mind, he helped us escape"

"What!" I nearly shouted in his face turning so I was facing him. He had dirty and blood dried to his face and really needed a wash. “He stabbed Gemma. That doesn’t make any scene"

"No it really doesn’t all I know is that he isn’t with my dad, he's working with Gemma’s. He’ll help her"

"I don’t trust him"

"He helped us so what’s to say he won’t help her" I shrugged still not very convinced. I just needed a sign that she was alive. Looked like I was going to school tomorrow and tonight I wouldn’t be sleeping. 

Two days went by, I was stuck in the dark, dank and freakily the coldest place I had ever been. The cell. I had been given bread and water twice a day. They hadn't left. Each night they would put the torture rune on me again. Each time for their amusement - just to watch me suffer. If I hadn’t known that I would be able to see Ashton again, to maybe save him from this as well. I wouldn’t have had the will power to stay alive. I was drained physically and mentally. There was a click in the lock of the door, it opened with a squeak.