one

You

"Hello everyone!" I hollered in the camera. It's 6 a.m in London and I had just gotten off my plane. I tried keeping my eyes open as wide as I could, but staying up the entire night watching movies isn't a great idea. The bags under my eyes showed my fatigue. I'm a walking mess.

"It's Y/N here. I've finally reached London! The ride took forever," I said into my iPhone camera, exaggerating on the word 'forever'. I continued walking around the airport until I reached the exit. I put my phone in my shirt pocket.

Finding a cab not too far from the exit, I walked over to the small taxi, two suitcases in each hand. I have more, and I've left them near the airport exit, where I had to go back to get them after leaving the two next to the cab. Carrying two more suitcases in each hand, I made my way over to the taxi once again.

The driver was peering down at his phone. I tapped the window and he looked up at me. He smiled and opened the trunk for me. I pile in three suitcases, because the other one won't fit, and I took the remaining one with me inside as I climbed in.

"Where will you be headed?" The driver asked in a thick British accent. God, I love British accents. I should get used to this, I thought.

Moving out was pretty difficult. My parents and siblings were upset that I was leaving to another country, but I knew it was for the best. I was fed up with the the United States. I felt suffocated in Massachusetts. I had to escape.

I told the driver the address of my new apartment and we were off. I took my phone out of my shirt pocket, where it was still recording, and pointed the camera to the window. I thought about what could happen here. Maybe I would make new friends. Maybe I would try new things. Maybe I could finally be myself and not have to pretend.

As Sam Walton said, "High expectations are the key to everything."

*
*
*

AYE FIRST CHAPTER :) I procrastinated so much on writing this. I think it solely depends on my mood. If I'm in a bad mood, I won't want to write, and when I'm bored or in a good mood, I'll probably write a little.