two

A/N: Final projects at my summer program are due next week and I have Step (which is basically rhythmic dancing) and I have to perform next Thursday omg and I'm so stresssssssed HELP. that's why I won't be able to update too often sorry :(.

The taxi slowed to a halt as the driver pulled up in front of a huge brick building.

I paid the driver, thanked him, and got out of the taxi with my suitcase. I walked over to the back of the vehicle and got my three other ones out.

It was a warm day out. I gazed at the building in front of me. I took my phone out of my shirt pocket again and scanned the building with it. After asking for help with my suitcases from a stranger walking past, I opened the double doors and stepped in. Security guards stood beside either side of me, the walls are painted a crisp burgundy, and two red couches sit on the far right side of the lobby. I look up and see a chandelier hanging above. This is amazing, I thought. I got my phone out and scanned the lobby.

I walked up to the front desk and told the woman that I was a new resident and I needed a key. She told me to wait a minute, typed a few things on her computer with her French manicured fingers. She gave me the key and told me where my apartment was located. I wandered to the three elevators with the stranger, a lady who looked around my age, and I pressed the button.

My new apartment was on the fifth floor. Excited, I couldn't help but fidget with my necklace, a gold star with a diamond in it.

It took a few minutes to locate my apartment. I was starting to think I got the floor number wrong until I looked left and saw the door number, 502. I got my key out, pressed it in the keyhole, and pushed the door open.

I glanced around in awe. The living room was huge, and there would be enough room for three large couches, a bookshelf, and a flatscreen TV. I walked around a bit and found the kitchen and dining room, both having lots of elbow room. Going in the other direction, I found two bathrooms and my bedroom.

"Thank you so much for helping me," I told her while giving her a big smile.

"No problem," she replied. She waved goodbye and then left me with an empty apartment and my mind buzzing with ideas.

Bringing my phone out once again, I turned it so it faced me and said, "This is it, my new apartment! And it's big, which is awesome. Guys, I'm so excited."

I got straight to work. I brought the suitcases to my room and began unpacking. Opening each suitcase, inserting clothes in coat hangers my mom gave me, and placing them in the closet took about an hour. Then I got my shoes out and placed them in front of the closet. I brought about 10 pairs of shoes with me. After that, I changed into a gray tank top and black shorts, pulled out a medium-sized black and gold carpet out of a suitcase and brought it with me to the living room. After kicking my Adidas off and lying the carpet down in the middle of the room, I sat down with a big exhale.

Checking the time on my phone, I realized it was 8:00 am, and I had four hours to kill before Zoe was coming over. I didn't know what else to do, so I remained seated on the carpet.

Zoe and I had met last year. I was in LA for VidCon and Tyler Oakley asked if I wanted to do a collab video. I agreed, and I drove over to his place and filmed it. When we were done, he asked if I knew any other YouTubers. I told him I knew Troye Sivan, Connor Franta, Miranda Sings, Jack Harries and his twin brother Finn Harries, but that was it.

"Wait, so you don't know Zoe, Joe, Dan, Phil, Louise, Marcus, and Alfie?"

"I know who they are, I've been watching their videos for years, but I've never met them in person," I explained.