Chapter 15

15

Emma

I am literally dead on my feet. I am slowly dying... I haven't slept in days, trying to make sure everything is perfect for our patrols. I have to make sure that nothing gets past our defenses. Everything must be in perfect order and...

...

...

...

...

...

"I'm awake!"

"Emma?" I blinked slowly as I stared around the classroom. Where am I again? "Emma, you fell asleep in class. Do you know where you are?" I slowly shook my head.

"You are in your sixth hour class." The teacher said as she leaned against her desk. "Today is Monday. I was just telling everyone that there is a test this next Friday. I want you all to make sure you study and study hard. You obviously won't be able to do that and get all the notes for the test if you keep falling asleep in my class. Please pay attention, Miss Kutcher."

I nodded and held back a yawn. "I'll try hard."

"Good." She turned back towards the board. "Now, as I was saying, you'll need to study sections..." I was out once more.

~~~~

"... And there you have it." Jeremy said as we completed the problem. "If you remember these tricks, and get plenty of sleep, you'll be prepared for the test."

I nodded and rubbed my eyes. "Thanks for showing me this, Jeremy. I've just been so busy with everything after school that I haven't gotten much sleep. I'm just glad that it's the weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to get enough rest to last the next week."

"Sleep in all day if you have to." I raised an eyebrow at that. "I'm serious. If you don't sleep, you'll have many health issues."

"Meh," I shrugged it off. "I heal fast."

He rolled his eyes. "That's not what I meant. I mean-"

"Speaking of health..." I interrupted. "I need to check on Gaven. It was nice studying with you after school in the library, but I gotta get home. We've been here almost two hours."

"Yeah, you're right." He sighed and packed up all his notes. "I'll see you tomorrow, Emma." We parted ways and headed to our homes. I yawned all the way to the pack house, trying hard to not fall asleep.

Maybe I can get there faster... I found some thick foliage and ducked down to strip out of my clothes and stuff them in my bag. Once my bag was zipped up, I shifted and grabbed it by the top handle and ran all the way to the pack house.

I got there faster, obviously, than just walking. I hid behind a tree, shifted back, got dressed, then went in to check on Gaven. I dropped my bag by the door and went straight for the infirmary.

"Gaven, I'm here and- oh." Emily quickly got off Gaven and sat in the chair, bright red. "Sorry for walking in on an intense make-out session. I hope you were planning on using protection...?" Emily's entire face and neck turned bright red.

"We weren't going to do that..." She barely whispered.

"But you were grind-"

"Sh! Stop that!" I giggled at her then focused on Gaven.

"And how is the Alpha doing?" I sat on the other side of him.

He sighed and draped an arm over his forehead. "I'm pretty good. Doc says I can leave the infirmary tomorrow morning, so I'll be able to head to school. How's everything going on outside this room?"