Chapter 16

I did it again... STUPID SCHOOL AND WORK TAKE UP ALL OF MY TIME NOW!! UGH! Anyhoo... here's the next chapter.

-M12

16

Emma

"Emma, I have to tell you something," I looked up to Linda from eating my lunch.

"What is it?" I asked around a bite of food.

She swallowed. "Alone, please." So we stood and went for an empty hall.

"What's up?" I leaned against a wall.

She looked down and messed with her fingers. "Well, I know you have feelings for him, but..."

"But...?" I prompted, wondering what she could be talking about.

"I think Jeremy might be my mate."

"...what?"

"Our hands had bumped in third hour." She explained. "I felt these amazing sparks fly through me at the touch. I haven't talked to him about it yet, but I know I have to. I just wanted to tell you first."

I was shocked; speechless. I'm happy that Linda may have a mate now, but Jeremy? I thought he was supposed to be my Second Chance Mate?

Fate is just so cruel sometimes... "Yeah, no, that's cool. You and Jeremy. You two would be cute together."

"You think so?" Her eyes lit up with a small smile. "But, I'm not intruding, right? I mean, I don't want to take him from you or anything."

I shook my head. "Nah, it's cool. You have him. He's meant for you, anyway."

"Thanks, Emma." She gave me a quick hug. "I gotta go find him now. I'll see you later."

"See ya." The second she was out of earshot, I punched the wall, cracking my knuckles and splitting some of the bricks.

"That felt good..." I muttered to myself as I went into the bathroom to rinse my hand off. I watched the water run from bright red to pink as the blood rinsed off. The wounds on my hand healed rather quickly, since they weren't deep.

I'm happy Linda found her mate finally, but I wasn't expecting it to be Jeremy. And here I thought he would be my second chance. I scowled as I dried my hands. That means Fate is trying to keep Soran and I from splitting. She doesn't want me to reject him. She is doing everything in her power to keep that from happening.

Why is everyone against me rejecting him? Even Fate is against it! What could possibly be so great about the two of us being mates?! He'd only hurt me!

I huffed a sigh as I left the bathroom and went for my bag so I could head to class early.

Of course, I ended up bumping into someone. "Oh, I'm sor- never mind, I'm not sorry."

"Mind telling me what that was about?" He asked as he crossed his arms.

"What was what?" I asked as I mimicked his stance.

"What you were talking about with your friend." He frowned. "About 'Jeremy'."

"You heard that?" I flipped my hair over my shoulder. "It was nothing. I just thought that he would be my Second Chance after I rejected you."

Soran rolled his eyes. "That's not going to happen, Emma. You have a greater chance of being kidnapped than rejecting me."

"Wanna bet?" I growled. "I, Emma Kutcher-"

"Emma!" Linda suddenly squealed. "Jeremy said yes and- oh.."

"Yeah, oh." I rolled my eyes. "I'm happy for you, Linda. Now, run along. I gotta talk to Soran."