Chapter 32

32

Emma

Unknown Number: Help. At hospital

I didn't have to ask who texted me. Instincts told me who it was. I leaped off my bed, grabbed a small bag, and ran out of the house, calling out that I would be back later. I stripped off my clothes as I went, shoving them in my bag. I loosened the straps all the way and slung it over my shoulders.

In the next instant, I was in my Wolf form. I raced through the yard of the pack house and weaved through people. They gave startled cries as I flew by, but no one stopped me to ask what was happening.

Soon, I was just inside the tree line following the road that would eventually lead to the hospital Kathrine was staying in. It's been two days since I gave her my number and I was getting worried.

When she texted, I knew something bad had happened. Or was going to happen.

As I got close to the hospital, I went farther into the trees so I could shift back. Once I was back in my human form, I slipped on my clothes as best as I could while still running. I had to stop where the trees met the road again so I could make sure my clothes were on right. I quickly smoothed my clothes out then sprinted up to the hospital doors.

Right as the doors opened, I had to stop running and change my pace into a brisk walk. I strutted down the halls, my sneakers slapping the floor.

Finally, I made it to her room.

"Emma," She visibly relaxed when she saw me. "You got here fast."

I nodded and sat down in a chair. "Yup. What's wrong? I thought you were supposed to be released yesterday?"

She sighed. "I was supposed to, but right before they came to release me, I got a text from my boyfriend. He was demanding to know where I was and threatened me. I told him I was staying with my parents, and he said I better get home within the next day or so, or there'd be hell to pay." Her lip quivered and tears formed in her eyes.

"So, when the doctor came, I told him I was still feeling pretty sore and my head was hurting real bad." She continued. "He agreed that I should stay at least another day. I can't go back to him, Emma. I'm scared."

"Take me with you." She sniffed and a few tears ran down her cheeks.

I stood and pulled my phone out. "Dad, I need you to pick me up."

"Emma?" He questioned me. "What's going on? Where are you?"

"Hospital."

"What the fuck happened to you?!" Okay, maybe I should have been more specific.

"Nothing happened to me." I looked back to Kathrine. "I'm here for a friend. I need you to pick us up and bring us home. When you get here, ask for Kathrine's room." She smiled at me.

"On my way." We hung up and I sat back down.

"He's on his way." I explained. "He'll talk to the doctors and we'll get you out of here and to safety."

"Thank you." She leaned forward to hug me, which I returned.

We didn't have to wait five minutes before my dad and a doctor walked in. "How are you feeling, Kathrine?"

"Much better," She nodded to the doctor. "I think I can leave now."

"Let me just check you over one last time, then you can go." So he went through the normal routine for checking her vitals and what not.

He soon stepped back. "Looks like everything is good now. You're free to go." She thanked the doctor and I helped her out of the bed. I walked her out of the room with her arm over my shoulder to give her a bit more support.