Chapter Seven - I'll Take Every Stolen Moment

I sighed and checked my phone for what seemed like the billionth time, Brad had gone home a couple of days ago because he had work and his mother was beginning to worry, and he had promised to text me as soon as he had a chance, but so far, I hadn't heard anything from him.

As five pm rolled round I decided that waiting for a message was futile and that he had forgotten all about what he had said. I stood up and found myself a tin of soup to make for dinner as I was quite hungry and I always found food was a good way to distract yourself from something, albeit temporarily.

Another two days past and I hadn't heard a single thing from Brad, and I have to admit, I was worrying about him, anything could've happened, he could be anywhere.

Just as my worries began to consume me and the sunset of yet another day came around, my phone buzzed, the screen bursting into life and displaying brads name.

One message from - Curley 😘
Hey so, I'm really sorry about not messaging you sooner, I've been super busy  with finishing up moving into my flat and stuff and my mum has been over and it's all really complicated, but I'm free now and my mum has gone out to get something, wanna come over? 😌😏 x

I sighed as I read over the message, deciding it was probably best to get out of the house and go and see Brad. I text the boy my confirmation and had him send his address to me before heading out, finding the block of flats quite easily as my childhood best friend used to live in them.

I knocked on the door and waited outside, listening to the sounds of movement behind the door, and just as it creaked open, I felt brads smaller hand grasp onto the chest of my (James') sweater and pull me down to his lips, simultaneously pulling me into the small flat. Once the door had been closed, our lips not breaking contact at all, Brad pulled me back over to the black leather couch and made us fall in such a way that he ended up on top

"We have 30 minutes until someone comes home." He whispered breathlessly between kisses "what are you gonna do Trissy?"

I have to admit, it was hot to hear him breathe my name like that, to hear the letter roll off of his tongue in a way nobody but James was ever able to do, and it might've just been the explosion of passion that he had shown or the fact that I was catching myself falling for this boy, but something just felt right.

And in that moment, I began healing.

"Mm, what am I gonna do?" I breathed, running my hands up his sides, my fingers finding their way down to the hem of his shirt, playing with the fabric for a few seconds before pulling it over his head, watching his long curls fall over his eyes slightly with the tug of the fabric. I pushed him away from my lips for a few seconds so I could admire the contours of his body and the way the low natural lighting of dusk that was peeking through the window created shadows ever so slight on his stomach that showed his faint abs, I ran my fingertips over the soft skin, before they eventually found a place to rest on his hips, it taking everything I had in me not to bruise the soft tanned flesh beneath me.

"Mm Trissy.' Brad almost whimpered as he leant down and began sucking at my neck gently whilst grinding our hips together, only four layers of fabric separating us from skin on skin contact.

I closed my eyes and let the moment take me away, letting what was going to happen, happen as we got progressively more naked, and soon enough, a sweet but short-lived eternity later Brad was laying on top of me, slightly sweaty and out of breath, pulling the soft throw from the back of the couch we were on over our bodies as he snuggled into my chest, myself, admittedly already getting used to the feeling.

"I wanna stay like this." Brad sighed "but...my mum's gone be back any minute...you need to get dressed and so do I..." He sighed, moving his head so I could gaze into his hazel orbs.

"Mm." I hummed "surely your mum knows what a hookup is though? Like I'm sure she wouldn't mind." I tried to argue but Brad shook his head

"If you were a girl I think she'd be expecting it." He bit his lip, looking guilty "but this..." He gestured to us "well this'd be a shock."

"Wait...you're not out yet?!" I asked in shock, not really expecting it from him before recomposing myself and looking at him again, this time with sympathy, remembering how it felt to worry about people finding out.

Brad looked even more guilty than before before shaking his head "I've been meaning to...but it's just never seemed right...I understand if you want this to end because of it, it's a big deal and i understand if it makes you feel uncomfortable or anything." He explained as he got off of me and started collecting his clothes off the floor and putting them back on, myself copying his actions.

"No, no, no it's fine." I shook my head, pulling my underwear on, looking for my sweater before looking up and seeing Brad pulling it over his head, a small part of me wanted to scream at him to take it off because it wasn't his to wear
But the rest of me saw how adorable he looked in it and I just remembered how James would want me to have a life after him, and I knew that Brad could be the start of my new life. The start of of something beautiful.