Chapter Twelve - He's a Dead End

"Why am I following you?" I sighed, trudging down the sidewalk behind Adam, wrapping my coat tighter round my body as the wind blew harshly "It's cold out here and I don't think it's safe! Inside is warm and safe!"

"Tris, please stop," he laughed a little, shaking his head "like I love you an' all, but you do whine a lot, calm it down dude, you're out of the house, for once, enjoy it!"

"I refuse to enjoy something when it's this bloody cold!" I frowned

"Shut up now and I'll buy the first round of shots later." He sighed

"Hm, okay." I hummed as we neared the entrance to the fairground, paid our entrance fees and headed straight over to the bumper cars.

Whilst we were waiting in line for the next round of the cars to start, someone I recognised caught my eye, his tall, masculine, handsome figure having a strong resemblance to someone I knew, just not very well.

"...tris? You okay?..." Adam asked me, waving his hand in front of my face slowly, snapping me out of the concentration I was deeply engrossed in.

"Yeah yeah I'm fine." I shrugged him off as the cars stopped, meaning we were about to get on.

All the while we were are the fairground I kept seeing the guy around, never being able to see his face due to either the direction he was facing or the lack of light. Whilst I was watching him to try and work out who he was, I noticed a slimmer boy, someone with a build much more similar to mine, hanging off of his arm every once in a while or the taller kissing his cheek, and something about that didn't feel right.

"Tris? You sure you're okay?" Adam asked me for the hundredth time as we sat down with a bottle of cola we had just bought each

"Um..someone I think I know is over there, like I recognise them but I don't know them if that makes sense? And I don't know if I should go over there and say hi?" I sighed, deciding it was best to be truthful than just cover it up.

"Go over there." Adam encouraged with a smile and a shrug "what's the worst that can happen?"

I nodded and smiled briefly before standing up and heading over to the two boys, finally being able to see the taller one's face just as he leaned in to kiss the smaller guy standing in front of him.

My brow furrowed as I realised who the guy was, it was Brad's boyfriend, but the guy he was kissing wasn't Brad.

My heart skipped several beats as I thought about how broken hearted the brummie boy would be if he ever found out, my fingers fumbled around for my phone as I opened up the camera up and quickly and (hopefully) discreetly snapped a few pictures of the couple sharing the kiss (thankfully it was the kind of kiss that seems to last forever), ensuring you could clearly see the cheating ass's face.

I took a few deep breaths as I shoved my phone back into my jeans and headed back over to Adam, who was still at the table, waiting for me.

"Anyone you know?" He asked me, genuinely curious

I shrugged "kinda know them, but I didn't want to interrupt...hey dude, I think Imma pass on going clubbing tonight? I'm really tired and I'm just not up for it." I lied, getting £10 out of my pocket and passing it to my friend "have fun, treat yourself, be safe, don't drive." I briefed him and he smiled and thanked me before saying goodbye as we parted ways.

I need to text Brad, I need to text Brad, I need to text Brad, I need to text Brad.

I headed back to Adam's house, reaching my destination in about 10 minutes, I unlocked the door using the key he kept in the plant pot and headed upstairs to my (temporary) room.

Laying on the bed, I typed and re-typed messages, trying to think about what to say before deciding to tell him about his boyfriend first and explain myself afterwards

One message to - Curley 💔
Hey, where's your boyfriend this evening Curley??

I only had to wait an anxious couple of minutes before I got a reply

One message from - Curley 💔
Dans out of town visiting his mother. I swear to god Tristan if you're going to try and sleep with me.

Two messages to - Curley 💔
I'm not going to try and sleep with you, we'd need to talk about shit first smh, who do you take me for Curley, I ain't no god but I'm certainly not that much of a slut.

Anyway, are you sure Dans visiting his mother?? 100%???

Two messages from - Curley 💔
I've heard about the amount of guys you've fucked, you're definitely the biggest slut in the area.

I swear to got Evans, what are you up to.

One message to - Curley 💔
I'm sorry but your boyfriends a cheater :), call me if you were need some loving babe 🙄😜 xxxxx
*three attached photos*

After the last message, I put my phone down and stared at the ceiling, thinking about everything and nothing all at once, ignoring the constant buzzing of my phone from Brad, before it began ringing

"Helloooo?" I chimed down the phone, covering up how bad I felt about doing this to Brad

"T-tris, is th-the photo real?" Brad sniffed down the phone "where did you g-get it?!"

"I was at the fairground, he was there." I shrugged, trying to keep my voice casual and not break at the sound of his hurt.

"O-oh." He whispered "oh."

"Yeah." I hummed "so...do you need anything else? Or can I go..?"

There was a few moments of silence on both ends before Brad sniffed something I didn't white hear.

"I'm sorry Curley, speak up?" I asked "be a lil bit louder Hun."

"I said...I said, come over." He sighed shakily "please? I need someone."

Yesyesyesyesyes