TWO

INTERVIEW

FEBRUARY 12th, 2018: PRESENT

"Everyone, please welcome, Kate Cross!""Hi, it's so great to be here! I watch Ellen all the time

"Hi, it's so great to be here! I watch Ellen all the time."
"Really? Great, it's good to have you here. Now I just wanted to jump right in to the questions, and ask, first, how are you doing?"
"I'm doing amazing, thank you, how are you?"
"I'm dandy, I'm sitting across from Kate Cross for gods sakes! I'm awed by your beauty, holy crap."
"Thank you so much, that's really kind of you to say."
"So, I just wanted to ask you a few more questions, is that okay?"
"Yeah, of course, it's what I'm here for. I'd be happy to answer your questions."
"Great, so my first question is, your tv show, Teen Wolf, entered its final season last year in November. Now your role on there, was what started your whole career so what did you think about that?"
"It was a really sad moment for me and the rest of the cast, because most of us had been there since day one, and the show had just become a part of us and helped us excel in our careers so much. I made so many friends being there that I know I can come back to, and I feel like, it's something that I'm going to be remembering as a good moment in my life, because of the good memories that I made being on there."
"Wow, and you were gone for one season to film for Captain America: Civil War, where you became Mystic Fatale, did you feel like that was a mistake because you missed a part of Teen Wolf?"
"Maybe, I mean, I don't exactly regret it, because being a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, has had the same effects that Teen Wolf did, it opened me up to new opportunities, I met lots of great people and became friends with a lot of them, it was just the timing thing, you know? I had been with Posey, O'Brien, Roden, Hoechlin, Cho, Sprayberry, and Hennig, for so long, they just became really important people in my life that have helped me a lot with everything and anything, they've always been there. And you can't change that."
"I understand completely. So that brings me to my next question: Romance, which I'm required to ask, because lots of people are interested in Kate Cross' dating life. You met, an ex-boyfriend of yours, Matt Westerman, on the set of Girl Meets World in your Disney days. And last year, it was rumored that you two were dating again, but nothing was ever confirmed. Is there anything you can tell us about that that we don't already know?"
"It was kind of complicated with Matt. He was a good boyfriend for a while, but things just didn't feel right, it didn't feel like we were at the same level, I just lost feelings for him."
"So you were the one that called it off with him the first time you two were getting together? What about the second?"
"At the time, I was kind of trying to distract myself from what I really wanted, and I'm not proud to say it, but I used Matt to help take my mind away from other things. Before I really understood what I was doing, I thought I was just trying to mend what was broken, because we had been together for a year, and I thought that the feelings we shared with each other, was still there, but I was wrong."
"And at the premiere of Captain America, he was supposed to be your date, but he never made an appearance. Was your realization the reason behind him not showing?"
"No, not at all. It was a matter of career status. Matt, didn't feel as though he was at a level to be proud of, and I was, so he called things off last minute to avoid feeling as though he wasn't enough."
"You're not sugar coating things on us, are you?"
"No, I just want to tell the truth of what happened, even though, at the time when he canceled on me as my date, I had a lot of anger with him. But no, we've patched things up and we're all good. We're actually pretty good friends now."
"I admire you for making an effort to bury the hatchet. I would've called him out on Twitter or something for bailing out on me last minute before a big premiere."
"Trust me, I wanted to. And there was definitely a lot of drama in and out of the public eye."
"I'm sorry if this next question makes you uncomfortable, but I also want to bring up your relationship with Tom Holland, who was your last boyfriend. What happened? You guys haven't done any interviews or anything explaining why you two broke up, so I just wanted to ask, you two were such a great couple."
"Yeah, we were. I mean, we were great, everything just felt right with him. I didn't feel like I had a boyfriend, I just felt like I had a best friend--"
"That you kiss and stuff with, right?"
"Right, of course. It was just so good, I was really happy with him. He made me feel special, he always put up with my crap which I loved because not a lot of people did, and he let me be myself and make my own choices, and never failed to support each and every one. And the good part about our relationship, was that we could always understand each other and we shared the same amount of affection so we never had to worry about the other cheating or deceiving in any way."
"So- I'm sorry, I'm missing something. If everything was as great and amazing as you just said, then why break up?"
"I think about that a lot myself sometimes, and the answer to that would be: that we drifted apart. It was just the busy schedules, the long distance, it became too much. There would be days that turned into weeks, where we wouldn't talk, because the other was too busy or tired, because Tom lives in Europe, and I still live in LA. Before, when we were filming for Captain America and Spiderman, we were together all time, we were actually scared at one point that we were together too much that we'd start to resent each other. But it actually turned out to be the exact opposite."
"So was it a mutual decision to break up? You guys didn't leave things on bad terms?"
"It was a mutual decision, so no, it didn't end on bad terms. We just decided, that it'd be better to end things, because it was just too hard being apart for so long and not seeing each other. I wanted him to be happier with someone he could have a better relationship with, and he wanted the same for me."
"Things never got bad between you two? No jealousy, no fights?"
"No, Tom, he's a gentlemen, and we handled things pretty maturely. He treated me with the utmost respect, he never forced me to do something I didn't want to do or undermined me. I can't imagine Tom being a bad guy, because he's not."
"Have you seen anyone else since you two broke up?"
"No, I haven't. And it's not just that I'm not ready, I just haven't met the right person yet."
"Okay. That's all I wanted to know. Thank you so much for answering all my questions and being here tonight, Kate Cross everybody."