THREE

INTERVIEW

"Here with us today is, Tom Holland, who is best known as the newest Spiderman

"Here with us today is, Tom Holland, who is best known as the newest Spiderman. He's here to answer a few questions for us, so shall we begin?"
"Yeah, let's start."
"So let's go right into your roles as Spiderman. We saw a bit of you as him in Captain America: Civil War, which came out in 2016, and last year, your solo movie, Spiderman: Homecoming released as well. What're you thoughts on that, how has this whole experience as the new Spiderman been?"
"Its been absolutely amazing. I'm so thankful to have been given this opportunity. Its just been this wild ride, the fans have been so supportive, everyone's just been really nice, it's great."
"Good to hear that things have been going well. Can you tell us a little bit about the stunts? It's been known that you're quiet the gymnast, so for a lot of the action scenes, was that you doing the acrobatic parts or a stunt double?"
"Most of it was me, but other times it was a stunt double for when I had to fall or smack into something. And most of the times I fell, it wasn't even scripted, I'm just very clumsy."
"Aren't we all a little clumsy, though, once in a while?"
"Some more than others."
"Now, it's also been rumored that Marvel is producing a Mystic Fatale solo movie, can you confirm any of those rumors as Spiderman, or is it just a hoax?"
"Really? I've never heard about that rumor so I can't say anything about it. It'd be a really great movie though, Marvel always does a great job with all their films and Katy is going to do amazing in it."
"But it's been going around that the original Mystic Fatale, Kate Cross, isn't going to be in it. Any thoughts on that?"
"What? Stan wouldn't do that! He absolutely loves Katy. I can't imagine anyone else playing Mystic Fatale better than Katy. Who are they thinking of?"
"Well, since it's just a rumor, we don't know who they'd pick, but the fans are rooting for Selena Gomez."
"Well, I don't know. Selena is a good actress, but I can't think of anyone but Katy as Mystic Fatale."
"So while we're on the topic of Katy, everyone knows you two were a couple, until you recently broke up a little over three months ago. And you both had kept pretty quiet about the reason why that was, until Katy spoke up about it in a recent interview with Ellen Degeneres. Does her side of the story match yours?"
"Yeah, it was a mutual decision- not one I particularly liked, but you know. There comes a certain point where you realize you have to let someone go in order for them to be happy, and we kinda just hit that point."
"So the two of you breaking up was that point?"
"Yes."
"And everything else she said about your relationship is true? You guys had no problems, it was simply the busy schedules and the long distance that broke the two of you up?"
"I couldn't imagine a better person to be with. I mean- Katy and I, it just felt so right when we were together, beside each other. But when we weren't, it just felt empty and it started to feel like that all the time because we were both so busy with our careers, life just got in the way. If it hadn't, maybe we would've still been together."
"Do you wish things were different, and that none of those things would've been a problem?"
"Of course I do. All the time."
"Do you still have feelings for Kate?"
"Yeah, I do. Katy's been a huge part of my life. She was there with me through my whole journey as Spiderman, and she was so supportive and she always reminded me not to let the fame get to me, she basically kept my head screwed on. I loved her, very dearly, and I still love her."
"Then why don't you work things out? Get back together again?"
"Because I know it won't change anything. We'll still be busy and we'll still be apart. We both still loved each other when we broke up, which was what made it really hard. Probably, seeing her on tv doing her thing and doing it so well is what gets to me the most."
"Why is that?"
"When you love someone, you always have this urge to be with them and be there with them as they progress. I wish I was there to experience it with her. To be at her side and support her. Don't get me wrong, I still do support her, but it's just different seeing her on screen than in real life."
"What do you think Kate would be thinking if she was watching this? Do you think you'll be getting a call from her?"
"I don't know, really.We haven't been in a lot of contact with each other, unfortunately, after our break up. It was just too hard, so I don't think I will be getting a call from her anytime soon."
"Do you have anything you'd want to say to her before we end?"
"Id just want to say that I'm proud of her, and how far she's come, I wish I could be there with her to tell her this in person. And that she's still got me to talk to when she needs to, and I just want her to know that I love her. And I'm in love with her, I always have been."

~

  D R A M A   C O M I N G  U P