Vows That Last a Lifetime

Naruto's p.o.v

This is it.

This is our day.

The day to decide it all. The day we've both been stressing over. The day we've been planning for six months.

The day has come when I finally get to say: I do. In hopes that she'll say it back, that is.

I quickly erased the thought from my mind and straitened up with a smile on my face. Then thought flew right back in.

"Do you think she'll show? What if she leaves me at the altar? Aw crap I'll be a mess. I'll be known as the guy who got left at the altar by a princess who got swept off her feet by another guy. Twice." I said turning to my best friend and best man, Sasuke.

"Naruto, I say this because I am, admittedly, your friend. You need to let it go. Hinata is not leaving you any.time.soon. She will show up even if she's nervous, because as we both know, Sakura will drag her by her heels if she has to because she'll be damned if she let this wedding go to waste." Sasuke mumbled with a chuckle.

I let out a light chuckle as well at the thought of Sakura doing something like that, because it seems like something she would honestly do.

"Besides, would you give your wife-to-be a little credit? I've been told she's stuck with you through the worst and best of times. If she were to suddenly get cold feet after these, what? 20 something years? Don't you think she of all people would at least have enough respect for you to tell it to your face?" Sasuke said with a sigh.

"I guess you're right. It's just, I'm just a bit nervous okay?" I grumbled.

"A bit?" Lee chuckled.

"Yes a bit. Is it obvious?" I asked concerned.

"Depends on your definition of obvious." Gaara mumbled.

"What's do you mean 'my definition'? Doesn't it have the same meaning?" I said my eyebrows knitting together in confusion.

"Not for you." Kiba said sticking out his tongue.

"Well why not?" I complained.

"Because you went all your life chasing after a girl who didn't love you when you literally, continuously, walked passed, in front of, and hell in between, the girl who loved you the entire time. It was bad enough that you didn't realize it when she always had a 'fever' in front of you but jeez you didn't even realize it when she almost died for you or when she went to war for you. It literally took Hinata to be captured, held hostage, for you to fight her, and then share your memories, before you actually realized you love her." Shikamaru said slightly exasperated.

I paused for a moment to think about it all, "Oh. Well jeez you guys couldn't just give me a hint or two?"

"We did! Hell, even Sasuke knew and he wasn't even around us that much!" Kiba said.

"Do you think Hiashi approves?" I said as a last question.

"Just shut up and be a man." Sasuke mumbled.

I chuckled and straitened up at his words as I took in all the scenery and realized that this was indeed happening right here right now.

I was brought back to my senses by the sound of a song playing and the audience jumping to their feet.

I looked to the aisle way and saw the first of the bridesmaid's walking toward the altar.

First up was Temari who was wearing the purple bridesmaid dress. She swayed quietly along with the rhythm of the music.