Chapter Three

I just wanted to take the time to give a BIG thanks to this awesome chick, Donnie112. She did an amazing job on the book cover that you saw last year. Please be awesome as awesomesacks and check out her account. She deserves to be recognized, especially since she helped me out. Once again, thanks bro and I LOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEED the photo cover. ~^_^~
💙💛💙💝💗💜💚💝

Everything that I had read on that simple piece of paper had my mind buzzing with many different questions like: how they got in, who are they, and how will mom react when she returns home at eight this evening after she gets off work like she usually does?

Obviously I knew how she's going to react, but I mean.... the strangers took the torture devices from our dungeon. What is she going to do/use when she decides to lash out at me?

The thought of hiding all the knives and anything sharp or large came to mind, but I quickly brushed the thought off.

'Come on, don't be stupid. You know she'd punish you even worse for that,' said my wolf Alania.

I instantly agreed with her.

'I know, it was just an idea, a nice one and it would work perfectly if she weren't such a bitch,' I said with a frown on my face.

'Seriously, Valimina, why don't you just leave? Why won't you pack your shit and hightail it out of here? We probably could have found help and probably from our mate a long time ago if you weren't so stubborn,' she whimpered at the mention of our missing link.

I know how much she hurts every time she thought of him. I'm not going to lie; just seeing other wolves around me sitting, laughing, and joking, just smiling being totally in love with their mates broke my heart more and more everyday so I don't snap or ignore her when she starts to get upset because I do it all the time.

'Because, mom and David will only track us down. We've been living with them for so long to where they know our scent by heart. They'd know the minute we left and would drag us right back. I need to wait till I turn eighteen for it to be legal for me to get my own place and the minute I sign the papers, according to were laws, they no longer have control over me.' I tried to explain it to her as best as I could.

She gave a heavy sigh and blocked the link, settling back down in her corner of my mind and throwing a fit.
----

Some time after Alania's and I's conversation I went to work starting with cleaning the dishes and everything else in the kitchen.

I cleaned and sterilized the counters, the island, the dinner table, and the sink. I swept and mopped the floor and polished any wooden surfaces in the room.

Looking up at the silver clock that rested on the wall above the door leading to the backyard I noticed it read six thirty-two.

Deciding it'd be best to go ahead and start making dinner I scanned the fridge and pulled out two steaks and some carrots and green beans from the bottom drawers and placed them on the counter. I then seasoned the meat after stabbing holes in the them. Then I got to cutting the carrots and mixed them with the green beans in a piece of foil-also cutting up potatoes- and threw everything in the oven.

After the food was started I headed into the living room and began picking up my mother's magazines and the blanket she uses when she stays in here to watch Little Woman L.A. at night.

I went around picking up and throwing my brother's, David, empty Big Red cans into a trash bag along with his usually snotty tissues which, no matter how many times I do it it still grosses me out. I went through everyone's rooms and picked up their dirty clothes and washing them.