Chapter Seventeen

"Get out off my face!" Mom yelled at me, shoving into my shoulder hard enough I lost balance. "Just go away! I don't want to see you!"

A tear slipped and rolled down my cheek as I looked up at her from the floor.

"Pathetic," she sneered down at me.

"Mom, I forg-"

"Don't fucking call me that!" she paced forward and gripped my hair. Tugging it up until my scalp screamed in agony. "Six years and you still haven't learned. I pity the wolf who's mated to you." Technically it was five years but that's besides the point.

I hissed in pain when her claws elongated and dipped into my skin, scalp. "Please stop! It hurts! Stop! Please!" I begged. This only made her grip tighten.

"You useless mutt! All I asked of you is to have dinner ready. You can't even do that!" she spat in my face.

"I'm sorry! I won't forget again, I promise!" I screamed.

A knock on the door had her grunt her frustration. Letting me go and kicking my stomach she took off to the front while I high tailed it out of the kitchen, up the stairs, and in my room.

Laying on my bed I sobbed until I couldn't wet my dry lips properly. Until I could barely open my eyes because they were so puffy. Until I realized the bitter truth.

"My dad is gone. He's gone and now Mom hates me. She hates me so much she wants to watch me break by her own hands. My mom wants to break me... And no one knows. No one would care anyways. I'm all alone." My voice broke again at the end. A hiccup escaped my throat and I sunk my face into my pillow.

'You're not.'

Immediately I jumped up. My back to my bedroom door while I scanned my room. I picked up a pair of combat boots I had just got and held them one in each hand as makeshift weapons.

Nothing. I didn't see anyone.

'I'm over here,' it said off to my left.

I jumped once again and raised a shoe.

Nothing.

'Nah, I'm kidding. I'm over here,' they said to my right.

Spinning on my heels I prepared myself for the worst.

Nothing... Again.

The voice laughed. 'I'm in the bathroom.'

Against any wolf's better judgment I decided to go check it out. Taking a deep and silent breath I flung open the door and turned on the lights. To my left I caught a glimpse of someone. Shrieking out of fear I swifty turned with the boot raised over head until I realized. It's a damn mirror. Having recognized my stupidity I quickly took a few seconds to search my bathroom. Need I say it?

Nothing.

The laughing turned to wheezing as I stood there confused.

'Calm your tits, it's me your wolf.'

Having heard that it left me only more confused. Then it dawned on me. Today's my fifteenth birthday.

'Oh my goddess! I love doing that!' the voice added.

"Who are you?" I asked, finally finding my voice.

'The name's Alania Fat-ass, but you can call me Ms. Cheeks,' she replied.

"Alania Fat-ass? What?" My brows scrunched up.

She laughed once again. 'I can't believe I got you to repeat that! Haaaa!'

"What are you talking about?"

The laughter died down. 'Nothing Babes. Anyways, like I said, I'm your wolf Alania. I have been waiting so long to talk to you. I can already tell this is going to be an interesting match.'

-----

Beep. Beep. Beep.

'Damned heart monitor.'

"Hello Valimina," a voice called from by my feet.

The beeping on the monitor picked up at my name being said.

"It's alright, don't be scared. Do you remember me from the last time I was here? I'm Dr. Branner. Here with me is nurse Hanes," she said.

My heart rate slowed as I realized who was speaking. Dr. Branner was the doctor Tomias had specifically assigned to me because of her gentleness and precise prognosis. She and nurse Hanes have been coming in to check my vitals and make sure my body is healing like it should. I followed the sound of footsteps while whoever's heels clacked against the tiled floor.

"It seems your vitals are doing much better," said Dr. Branner.

A hand ghosted my head, jaw, and then lifted whatever clothing that was covering my stomach.

"And your wounds are healing exceptionally for a wolf without a spirit. I'm amazed," nurse Hanes added.

That's good to hear. I mean this probably shouldn't be my main concern at the moment but I'm curious as to why they even bother talking to me knowing I can't reply and I can't see them. I'm glad they do but it's a bit... weird.

"I'll just change your I.V. and we'll be on our way, okay sweetheart?" said Dr. Branner.

Once my I.V. was changed she pat my left arm and headed for the door.

"You'll be okay. I know you can't reply right now but I also know you can hear me. Right now it's up to your wolf. She decides whether if you're ready or not." Then she was gone leaving me all alone in this hospital room.

-----

A/N: Can you guys recommend someone who makes trailers for books here pleaseeeeeee? 👀😖🙏

Please do the following;

COMMENT

VOTE

ADD

SHARE