Chapter Three, Part Four - Devilskin

"I didn't know the dining room would be closed," Ringo stated apologetically and picked up the phone on the end table. "I'll order us room service. What would you like?"

"Anything is fine." Charlie had slipped off her coat and settled onto the sofa. She didn't want to be particular. The only meal she had that day was sandwich and a cup of coffee at Wanda's. She took in her plush surroundings, Charlie didn't want to be impressed, but she'd never stayed in a place as nice as the Plaza.

"After a night out I like to have a cuppa and beans on toast. They'll make you anything you like, love."

She smiled uncomfortably. Love. He called her that quite often as the evening wore on. Charlie knew it didn't mean anything. It was just one of those things English people said, but she'd never heard the word so much in her twenty-three years of life as much as she had that night with Ringo. "Anything?"

He nodded, "Anything you like."

She didn't have extravagant taste and wasn't adventurous when it came to what she ate. "Pasta?"

"Even pasta." He smiled.

"A plate of spaghetti with lots of sauce and a Coke." She would've preferred a nice glass of red wine to go with it, but Charlie knew she'd already reached her limit back at the club.

She leaned back against the sofa and made herself comfortable. Ringo's voice faded into the background as he ordered room service. Charlie thought about who and where she'd end up when she left the hotel. She didn't want to go back to Stan's and deal with that situation. And, she didn't want to show up at Wanda's twice in one day and ask to sleep on her couch.

Charlie felt the sofa slightly dip with the weight of Ringo sitting down next to her. He didn't put his arm around her like he had in the back of the car or when they'd been escorted through the hotel and up to his private suite. She held out her hand when she smelled the scent of his cigarette. She felt it slip between her fingers and brought it to her lips and took a long drag off of it.

She considered staying here with Ringo. She doubted he would turn her down if she proposed the idea to him. Charlie opened her eyes and handed the cigarette back to Ringo. He still looked good to her, and this had nothing to do with the drinks she'd consumed earlier that evening at the club. She reached out and pushed his hair back from his forehead.

He grinned and continued to puff on his cigarette. "What're you doing?"

"I want to see what you look like without all of that hair in the way." She made no secret of studying him.

"What do you think?"

Charlie didn't know what she thought. If it wasn't related to advancing the Debutantes careers she tried not to think about it. She leaned in and pressed a chaste kiss to the side of his face.

"You can do better than that."

She pulled the cigarette from between his lips and stubbed it out on the ashtray on the coffee table. Charlie felt she was being challenged and she wasn't going to back down. She leaned in and pressed her lips firmly against his mouth.

He returned her kiss and wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her against him.

She slightly parted her lips wanting to take this further. Charlie placed her hand on his chest and felt his heart rapidly beat underneath her palm.

He slipped his tongue into her mouth and deepened their kiss.

Charlie moaned against his lips. She was surprised by her response to Ringo, but she welcomed being made to feel good by him. She slides her hand down his chest and stopped at the lower half of his stomach. When he shakily inhaled she smiled to herself, Charlie pulled out of their kiss with her eyes closed and rested her forehead against his.