Chapter 1

Maka POV

   Beep! Beep! Beep!

    My alarm yells at me telling me it 12:10pm. Midnight. The time I've been waiting for. I wake up my shadow lizard, Meko, and grab my supplies after getting dressed in my killer clothes. I put Meko on my shoulder, open my window, and jump swiftly down my 2nd story window of the orphanage.

      Meko shifts into a shadow horse, I jump on to him and we ride to a random house and Meko shift in to my scythe. I jump up on to the window seal and climb into the room. One teen boy. Next room. A Husband and Wife. Next room. One little girl. I head back to the teen boy. I put the scythe to the teen's neck and slowly push, making him wake up. I say.

"Shhh. Just let it flow."

     He's dead. I walk to the husband's and wife's room and this time I walk up to them and Meko shifts to a small pony sized dragon and breath black suffocating mist, waking the parents of two. The mist makes it way to the parents mouth sucking out their souls slowly and painfully.

"Shhhh. Just let it flow." And I cover my self in their blood after beheading them with my obsidian blades.

     I make my way to the girls room. I walk in and she already has woken up probably by the coughing of the parents. I walk over to her.

"Hello darling. What's your name?"

She smiles " I'm Maxine but, call me Maxy." She says happily.

"Well Maxy I need you to come with me and Meko my lizard. Okay?"

"Okay!"

    I grab her hand we walk out side. I have Meko shift into a shadow horse. We get on and we ride to the woods. I've been doing this since I snapped at the age of 4 (12 years ago so I'm sixteen now) when my parents were murdered. I found Meko and we are now killing partners. When we get far enough into the woods I tell her to get off and I jump down I kiss her forehead and get back on and ride back to the orphanage. Leaving her alone with the monsters in the woods. I've never meant them but I do give them the children to do what they want with. As I exit the woods I hear the screams of the little girls. Satisfied, I get back the orphanage and Meko changes back to his normal form and I get ready for bed. I lay down snuggling with Meko and let the dark hands drag me down the pits of exhaustion.