Chapter Six: Saturday

Niall Horan

My eyes were looking over the same sentence over and over again. It was like I was reading what it said but my mind didn't process it. There were times where I would zone out for who knows how long. This has happened before. And before that too. 

I rubbed my tired eyes with my fists and groaned, pushing my math text book aside, throwing my pencil with it. 

"Harry, this is hard," I said, looking at his figure which was seated in front of me. He seemed to be deeply concentrated in something in his text book. He would sometimes pause his reading to write notes on his notebook which was on the other side of the book. 

You're such a nerd. 

The most nerdiest nerd.

"Listen, I have a good question," I said, swinging my legs underneath me. My feet couldn't reach the floor. Meanwhile Harry's long legs were extended in front of him. It was because I was sitting on top of the dinner table and Harry was seated on one of the chairs. 

"Who in their right mind decides to study on a Saturday? On a freaking Saturday!" I had my arms crossed as I stared at Harry. "This is the first time we hang out outside of school and you drag me into studying. After this, I don't want to ever hear from you again."

"It's not that hard to study," Harry stated. He didn't bother to even look up at me because he was too busy writing some more notes down. 

"We've been sitting here for a half-hour and I've learned nothing. That's one more nothing because I've also learned nothing from school. The system is failing."

"You're just lazy."

I look at him, offended. My mum decided to come in right at that moment. She seemed to be headed for something on the counter, not bothering to give us a glance. 

"Mum, Harry's being mean," I said to her. "He called me lazy."

My mum paused and looked at me. She then looked at Harry who gave her a quick dimpled-smile before going back to his dumb textbook. That was cute.

"That's because you are, sweetie," She started opening the cupboards, looking for something. "Niall, get off the table."

My own mum is going against me.

This has to be illegal.

"No mum, I'm a self-proclaimed bad boy."  

At that moment, both Harry and my mum looked at me. Harry had stopped writing to gaze at me. My mum stopped in the middle of taking out a glass cup to stare at me as if I just told her something completely out of line and stupid. Something like everything deserves porn rights.

She shook her head. "Honey, you don't even know what that means."

What.

I can't believe—she is literally crushing my ego. 

Harry began laughing. My mum continue to proceed to fill up her glass up with some water as I sat there on the table, completely taken back and offended. I watched her for a bit, waiting for her to turn around and look at me. I wanted her to feel my pain.

"Mum," I whined once she made eye contact with me. "Don't trash talk me. I'm your son."

"Sadly," She shrugged, sipping her water and leaving. 

Harry was killing himself laughing from the corner of my eye. 

I got off the wooden table carefully. Grabbing my text book, I put my papers inside before closing it. I decided that now since we already did a good amount of time of what Harry wanted to do, it was time to do something I want to do.