Chapter Twelve: Talk

Niall Horan

I was on my bed with my arms crossed as Louis sat next to me, throwing a red ball towards the wall across from us and letting the ball bounce back to him. I continued to watch him for a few more seconds, distracted by the ball before shaking away from the daze.

"Louis you're going to make a hole in my wall," I complained. "I'm still hiding the other one under that stupid leaf picture."

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that one," Louis grinned. He had punctured a hole in my wall around a year ago when he was swinging a yo-yo around in my room. I had to hide it from my mum with a framed picture of leaf. It was really hard coming up with an explanation to why the sudden appearance of the picture but I eventually told my mum it was for a project that never actually existed. She didn't more questions but since then I told Louis he was not allowed to hit my walls but like always he never listened.

He continued bouncing his ball until he finally stopped. Or so I thought until he hit my head with it and I gave him a menacing look. 

I'll rip off your own balls and hit you with them

"I want to talk to you about something," Louis said, his face going suddenly completely serious. He shifted around his spot so he could face me better and I knew this was going to be either a painful, awkward, or mind-blowing conversation. The last one was very awkward as Louis decided since he was just a bit older than me that we should have the talk.

It wasn't even necessary

I know where it goes. I know where to stick it in. 

Guys have one hole, how hard can it be?

"If it's the same conversation as last time, I swear Lou I will choke you with a condom," I threatened. Louis lowered his head and gave me a mischievous smirk. I knew I walked right into that one but it was already too late to do anything about it.

"So you do have condoms."

Right under my bed but you don't need to know that

I blushed and frowned. "Shut up. What do you want to talk about?"

"Harry."

Ah, the nerd

"This isn't a sleepover." Louis rolled his eyes and hit me. I hit him back and we ended up hitting each other back and forth a few times before Louis said to stop it because we were getting off track. 

"Fine. Fine. What do you want to talk about?" I paused. "Let me guess, you like him."

You better not

"No!" Louis almost shouted. "Of course I don't! I can't say the same thing about you." He nodded his head towards me and I stared at him. This conversation was definitely going to be a painful one and I was not prepared to deal with it. I just wanted to relax and enjoy some peaceful time but I should have expected that to be interrupted because of Louis.

"I don't like Harry."

"Not yet."

"Not ever," I argued. The memory of Harry and I on the school stairs, when I was on his lap and we were holding hands for whatever reason appeared in my mind. I can still clearly imagine the way his long hair flowed down his shoulders and the way his necklace dangled off his neck. His smile, wide accompanied with those dimples and his eyes staring straight into mines.

If Louis saw that, I would never get a break

But that wasn't anything romantic. . .I don't think so.