Chapter Twenty-Six: Partner over Partner

Niall Horan

"Harry!" I called out to the walking giant who was visible among the students in the crowded hallway. Harry stopped walking for a moment to turn around and look at who was calling him. I rushed up to him, pushing a few people out of the way and grabbed onto his arm as if my life depended on it. 

"Geez," I panted slightly. "Is it me or has this hallway shrunk? It was not this small in the morning."

"Where'd you go? I looked for you after class and didn't see you."

"I went to my locker to put the textbook away. There is no way I'm carrying that stupid book around. I'll break my back," I said bitterly. I let go of Harry when he started moving forward again. I tried my best to keep up with him. 

"Good point. I should've done the same," Harry commented as he adjusted the straps of his bag. 

"You really should have. Next time you can leave it in my locker too. That way when you pass by my locker after lunch you can grab it and put it in your locker since it would be in the way you would be heading," I suggested. "What a good plan. I am smart after all."

Harry chuckled. "Now we're sharing lockers? How romantic." 

He teased me while giving me a side smirk. 

You're so cheeky sometimes I don't know how I deal with you.

"Oh," I suddenly realized something as we started going down the stairs. "I need you to read over my script for the mini play project. I completely scraped my old one. I'm feeling good about this new one even though it just goes downhill again after the start."

"I'm sure anything you put your heart in is great," Harry spoke softly. His shoulder bumped into mine as we reached the last step of the stairs. I felt the feeling of happiness plunge into my chest as I grinned. 

"You went from cheeky to total sap in a minute," I nudged his arm. He gave me a smile. "But thank you."

"Why don't I come over to your house today? I could help you with your script and everything," Harry offered. I opened my mouth, ready to take the offer until I hesitated. 

"I—I would definitely be up to it," Harry nodded. I continued, "But. . .Elliot invited me over to his house today."

"What?" Harry asked suddenly, his smile quickly faltering as he showed a surprised expression. 

"I know! It's crazy," I furrowed my eyebrows together. "I don't know how I'm going to make it through something like that. What if I do something stupid? Or worse, say something stupid?"

"I'm sure it won't be you saying something stupid," Harry mumbled under his breath, his voice dropping lower from the usual. I ignored his comment as panic took over my mind. 

"I can't exactly say no either since we're behind on the script. He has to redo his too and. . . yeah. How about tomorrow?" I asked Harry. I really did want Harry's help but Elliot was my partner. Elliot, in a way, has to come first. 

What if I get Louis to run me over? Will that buy Elliot and I more time?

"It's kind of scary how vividly I can imagine Louis agreeing to it," Harry said before he shook his head. "I can't do tomorrow. Daisy is coming over to my house."

"Daisy is coming over to your house?" My voice sounded more surprised than I intentionally wanted it to be. "I've never been to your house."

I am so offended.

Harry shrugged. "It just sort of happened."

"This should be illegal."