Chapter Eleven: Artwork

Niall Horan

"These are so heavy, I can't believe you convinced me to stay," I whined as I juggled the two brown boxes stacked on top of each other. They were almost as wide as I was, the weight of the boxes was a whole different story. I quickly glanced at my side to look at Harry. He was carrying an armful of long, colorful tubes of paper. The tubes created a large distance between us because Harry had them in his arms horizontally and I really wanted to avoid crashing into the paper supply. 

 "I can't even see where I'm going!" I said, trying to look above my box which did not help at all since my whole front view was unavailable. I had to lean my neck sideways to know where I was going just so I could prevent myself from tripping anything or anyone. But the sideways lean was starting to make my neck ache. 

Stupid crafting club

I have the creativity of a fucking goldfish. If I wanted to join the oh-so creative craft club of our damn school I would've done so but I didn't. Why? Because I'm not creative!

Honestly Harry, I'm going to shove those cardboard tubes so far up your ass they'll come out of your throat

The boxes began to slip from my grip and I had to stop to re-adjust them carefully. Harry continued walking ahead, laughing at my pointless rant. I rolled my eyes and I was about to tell Harry off again but I didn't have the chance because everything seemed to happen at once. There was the sound of a door swinging open revealing chatter until it came to a quick stop and the hallway echoed of what I assume the long tubes of paper falling out of Harry's arms.

You deserved that

"Harry? What did you do?" I asked, beginning to walk forward and wanting to stupidly rush to Harry's side. Right when Harry began to mumble an explanation, I felt my foot step on something round—something way too round.

"Niall, watch out!" 

Fuck you, Lou.

"Ah, shit," I helplessly cursed. My body began tumbling backwards and then forward, finding no balance between my weight and the weight of the boxes. With a small crack of my heart, the bottom box slipped from my fingers and went crashing down to the floor loudly, spilling some crafting supplies on the floor. I winced at the sound, my shoulders rising fast before I let them sulk. I stared at the box in my hands sadly before I noticed that the bottom box had landed on someone's feet. 

"Thanks for the help mate. You just keep standing there, alright? Not a damn problem," I sarcastically said, a bit irritated before looking up to the person's face. Elliot gave me a weak smile, his face expression somewhere between deep regret and apologetic. 

Of course

Yes. . . yes

Thank you sweet, sweet fucking universe

I saw Harry raise his hand up to his mouth and look away, not without hearing a small noise similar to a one of a laugh. Louis was pursing his lips together harshly but it didn't hide the way the corners of his mouth turned upwards. He also decided to look away and abandon me, to fend for my own. 

Take me right now

Save me from this embarrassment

I'm never going to live this one down

"I'm really sorry," Elliot bent down and picked up the box, putting the stuff that had fallen out back inside. Harry and Louis occupied themselves with recollecting the tubes of paper and I just stood there, watching everyone do something.