Chapter One

Alex POV

   As I walked up to the front door of the house I never thought I would see again, all I could feel was the memories, warmth and the happiness that used to rest upon this household.       Unfortunately for me that feeling was long gone, and has been for years. Ever since that day. I could feel the tear about to run down my face, however I stopped it before it before it even had the chance to drop off of my eyelashes.
   The door was the same colour it has always been, that deep baby blue welcoming colour. The same colour that I painted the walls of my room when I moved away, it was something that always made me feel safe and secure. The same colour that I painted my baby boys room, I just had to so that I knew he would be safe as well.
   Talking of baby boy, I should probably get inside before it starts raining. I can't have him getting ill now can I. My baby boy is called River Lake and he's only four months old. The moment that I held him I knew he would hold my heart forever. I bet your wondering how a male could get pregnant, well I'm not an ordinary male I'm a werewolf. Werewolf males can become pregnant so that him and his mate can conceive a child and make an heir.
   "Alex." My aunt asked with tears in her eyes as she looked upon me. I couldn't stop the tears now as they raced down my face, my aunt in just the same state.
   "Hey Aunt Linda. I came cause I heard grandma wasn't well." I stated as she looked upon the baby, I could sense her questioning gaze and I was starting to get scared.
   "Come on in sweetie, it's going to rain any minute now and we can't have the little one getting a cold can we." She stated as she opened the door open for me. I walked through the door and straight into the living room with my suitcase and folded up pram.
   "How's grandma doing now?" I asked as I set them down in the corner while rubbing River's back, I could tell he was starting to wake up. He's a little monkey for waking up when he hears talking.
  "Not good dear. Ever since grandpa died in the rouge attack she's been slowly fading away." I couldn't stand it. I couldn't believe that I had been away when this happened, the worst part was I never came home then to come and see her or go to grandpa's funeral. I was so big though when it happened and I didn't want to see him and I certainly didn't want him to see me round like that with his child. He would of wanted me to stay and I couldn't, not after what he did.
   "Is she in her room." I asked as I started to slowly walk there. Aunt Linda just whispered a yes as I opened the door. I felt more tears run down my cheeks as I looked upon her fragile body.
   "Alex is that you? I thought I could hear you and . . ." She went to carry on but her eyes stopped upon River (if your wondering, I'm holding him against my chest in one of those baby slings).
   "Grandma I want you to meet River." I stated calmly and confidentially as I slowly started to remove him from the sling, he was so small and fragile I didn't want anything to happen to him. Also he was still asleep and I didn't want him to wake up screaming.
   "Is he the reason why you left?" She asked with a tear in her eye.
   "He's part of the reason why I left but, the other reason was because of him. I couldn't risk it grandma." I spoke quietly as River started to move a little more. I slowly and quietly moved over to the chair near grandmas bed side however, instead of holding River I handed him over to grandma and let her hold him.
   "He's so beautiful, he will have everyone wanting him when he's older. I can smell your scent all over him." She whispered as he slowly stopped moving, showing us that he was once again fast asleep.
   For the rest of that evening me and grandma talked and talked, she held River and my aunt Linda stood leaning against the door. I think I could stay a little longer than planned for now, just for grandma.