Chapter 21

Rick POV

After speaking with Elijah and stopped by my office and found the outfits that I had picked out a couple days ago for Alex and River, it took me forever but I finally found everything I liked from the shirt to the shoes. This date was very important to me but more important to Alex, it was my final chance to prove myself to him and get him to stay here with me.
   As I was walking into mine and Alex room he had just finished changing River who was giggling away like normal. I'm so proud of Alex for carrying such a beautiful and happy baby, I just wish I could of been there but that was my fault and now I'm proving myself. I smiled as Alex turned around with River in his arms, I just held up the matching outfits and I could just see the happiness in Alex's eyes.
   "I love these they are so cute, did you get some as well?" He asked me as he took Rivers little checked shirt and black shorts.
    "Yeah it took me forever to find the right colour and size, cause I know he keeps growing quickly and he's just gonna grow quicker as he's a werewolf."
   "I love them." He whispered as he put River back down on the bed while making faces at him.
   I placed Rivers clothes next to him on the bed and he just looked at them confused before smiling up at me and giggling once again, he's such a happy baby and it's just amazing to see him grown up in the short time that I have.
   I was making funny noises at him and pulling faces until I got distracted by my amazing mate, who just casually took off his shirt and jeans right in front of me. I could feel my heart start to race and my wolf pushing to come out but I refused, I was trying so hard to stay under control.
   "You okay Rick?" Alex asked while pulling an innocent face, like he didn't know what was wrong.
   "Yeah I'm fine." I whispered out as I stood up properly and made my way over to him. I placed my hand gentle against his cheek, brushing my thumb up and down his perfect cheek bones. His skin was so smooth and I could hear his heart beat as it slowly raised with every brush of my thumb against his cheek. I couldn't help myself as I slowly leaned in to his face and gentle touched my lips with his, I was so happy with being able to kiss him like this. I wasn't expecting for Alex to kiss me back with so much passion.
   Alex slowly raised his hands over my neck whilst pulling me towards him, he was trying to get me to move my lips quicker but I knew if I did I would have to shout my mum to take River away and we wouldn't get on our date. My hand that was on his cheek slowly moved down to his shoulder and then to his hips, where I slowly pulled him towards me. Alex hands moved quickly from my neck and down to my shirt where he was pulling it up, trying to get it over my head. I moved my arms so that he could get it over my head but I knew we were gonna have to stop, I knew where this was going already and I couldn't let it happen just yet.
   I moved my hands back down to his hips once my shirt was off but, my wolf was pushing through and it was getting hard to control myself and him. Alex's hands were now working there way down to my jeans trying to force them off. My hands moved from Alex hips to a little lower and with one simple touch I heard the most amazing noise ever. . .
   "Ahhh..." Alex moaned and that's when I stopped, I had to pull away. I removed my lips from him and placed my forehead again his, I was panting so much that I think I was going dizzy.
   "I can't, not yet." I whispered as I kissed his forehead.
   "I know, plus Rivers here and I don't want to traumatise our son just yet." He giggled as I pecked his forehead.
   "Let's get us all ready and then we'll head out to our date."