Chapter Fourteen

Alex POV

After everything that happened in town with Rick, Tom and their dad I was forced to go back to the pack house where they all live. Tom was thrown into a cell just like Rick had said and I hadn't held my son in an hour. Rick's mum and dad were cooing over him, playing with him and talking to him. I could hear Rick's dad repeating the same sentence over and over again to River.
"Your going to grow up big and strong and become a big alpha like your papa. You daddy has raised you so well over the last four months. I'm so happy to finally meet you." His words did bring a tear to my eye as it was so lovely seeing him bond with his grandson but, I felt like I didn't belong there.
"Hey, why are you crying?" Rick asked me in a panicked voice.
   "I'm just happy that's all." I whispered while looking up at him. He smiled at me and I couldn't help but to smile back. However, when I thought about all this, it was too quick and sudden. Apart of me was still  angry and upset with Rick for what he did but at the same time, everything that he had done so far had kind of made up for that.
   "Come with me, we need to talk." He said while smiling softly at me. I followed him all the way up the stairs and to his room, which brought back so many memories from before Tom caused problems.
   "I want us to try again. I want to be how we were before but with River now. I want us to be a family and I want to help raise him and spoil him. I want to teach him how to ride his first bike and how to defend himself. I want to teach him how to treat that special person right, I don't want him to end up doing what I had done. I want to teach him how to drive his first car and most of all I want to be there with you when he first shifts." Rick spoke calmly and confidently as he sat on the bed looking me in the eyes.
   "I want that too but it's gonna take time for scars to heal." I smiled at him but I could feel the tears starting to build up in my eyes.
   "I know and I'm so sorry and I'm going to prove to you everyday that what happened will never happen again." He spoke from the heart and that's what did it for me. He just showed me who he is once again and that he is willing to try and prove himself. It was at the moment that me and my wolf accepted him once again.
   "I believe you." I whisper before sitting a little closer to him and leaning in a little. I kissed him softly on his lips and he kissed me back, neither of us made a move to increase the intensity we just kept it short and sweet.

Authors Note:
   I know it's short and sweet sorry about that. I've been stuck on what to write for this at the minute.
   I also want to let you all know that I'm currently thinking of and writing down a new book. I'll let you all know if it's going up on here.
   Hope you enjoyed the chapter x