Chapter Nine

Alex POV

Flashback

One year and one month ago

"Look who we have here boys?" Tom shouted as I was walking back home through town. It has been such a nice day and I just felt like walking.
   "What do you want now Tom?" I asked as I stopped and looked at him, ignoring his five friends that he had with him.
    "Oh I don't want anything Luna." That's when every muscle in my body just froze and wouldn't move. How could they know. They couldn't know. There was no way for them to find out. Me and Rick hadn't told anyone. Unless Rick had told one of them.
   "I don't know what your on about Tom." I stated trying to keep myself calm. You see Rick isn't exactly my age. He's like 10 years older than me. And you see Tom here, well that's his younger brother.
   "Oh sorry. Do you want me to call you brother now? Please I don't know what my brother sees in you." He whispered near my ear as he held onto my waist, his grip so tight that I thought I was gonna have bruises.
   "I still don't know what your on about." I stated while trying to walk off. I was also trying to stop myself from shouting out that he was my mate. He had already marked and mated me. The mark wasn't anywhere visible though as he didn't want Tom to find out yet but, it seems to be that it hasn't worked out.
   "I saw you walking out the house yesterday and I could smell it on you. Don't lie to me Alex. I know that you and him are fucking." He shouted at me, now I was scared. His friends were snickering and looking at me with a disgusted look.
   "He's my mate Tom." I whispered so that only he could hear.
   "He's your what? Speak up now Alex." He shouted out again near my ear.
   "He's my mate Tom. I love him and he loves me." I shouted back and everyone heard and saw. All of the people in front of me looked at me in disgust, some wouldn't even look me in the eye. Toms eyes though. Tom would happily look me in the eyes and I only believe that was because his eyes showed the hatred and the anger.
   "Now why would my brother want a little skinny, pathetic gay boy like you? He could have any of the males and females around this town and he gets you. He could do so much better." He whispered in my ear.
   "Just leave me alone please Tom. I don't fell well." I whimpered as I tried to get away.
   "Aww the little gay boy doesn't fell well. What did my brother do. Mate and mark you? Did you two have sex and he mark you?" He asked with so much venom dripping from his voice I didn't know what to do. All I could do was whimper while trying to call for Rick through the mating bond.
   Tom leaned forward and breathed in. I could tell he was trying to pick up Ricks scent, and by the way he growled I knew that he had found it. He pinned me to the wall by my throat with one hand, while using his other to unbuckle my belt and open my jeans.
   "Will pull his jeans down!" He shouted as he kept on holding me by my throat.
   "I don't know Tom ..." Will spoke calmly.
    "DO IT!" Tom shouted. I was trying to say stop however, Toms grasp on my throat was stopping me from saying anything. I felt as my jeans came down my legs and the mark was visible for everyone to see. There was Rick's mark, claiming me as his mate.
   The next thing I know I was on the floor, my jeans around my knees and punches and kicks being thrown at me left and right. I knew that in the morning I would be covered in bruises and blood. There was no way that I would be able to walk after this.
   "STOP!" I shouted trying to move and avoid all the punches and kicks that were being thrown at me.
   "What are you doing Tom!" Rick ask as he held his brothers fist in his hand.
   "I'm beating up this pathetic excuse of a mate you have here." Tom shouted back.
   "Stop. Leave him alone." He shouted back trying to get all of Toms friends off of me.
   "If you don't leave me alone then I'm gonna tell mum and dad. You know what dad will do. He will beat you so bad that your wolf would run away from you and he would kill this pathetic boy right here. You know he wants you to have a FEMALE mate and heirs." He shouted before pushing Rick away and punching me square in the stomach. That caused me to throw up all over the street.
   When I looked up at Rick with tears in my pleading eyes. Trying to get him to stop them. He just looked down and slowly started to walk away. The tears started to run down my cheeks as the sickness returned.
   "See he wouldn't help you. He will NEVER SAVE YOU!" I don't know what happened after that. I blacked out for the first time in my life. 
   When I woke up I was so confused. My whole body ached from head to toe and there was this constant beeping noise that was starting to get on my nerves. I tried to open my eyes but they weren't having any of it. What finally made me open my eyes was the sound of my grandma and grandpa crying at the side of my bed.
   "Grandma." I rasped out as I slowly turned my face towards her but, as I did I couldn't help to wince and moan in pain.
   "Shh sweetie just stay still, your gonna be sore for a while." She whispered as I turned my head away from her but towards the window, where it turns out I could see my reflection and what I looked like.
   Both my eyes were swollen and black, as well a crooked nose and a bruised up cheek. I couldn't see the rest of my body which is as kind of happy about. However, just as I was about to try and look down I remembered that Rick was there.  That's when I started to cry. I couldn't stop, no matter how hard I tried.
   "What's the matter sweetie?" My grandma asked but, I just couldn't pull myself together to tell her. I didn't want her to know and be disappointed in me.
   "Just leave please." I asked as I closed my eyes.
   "No sweetie just tell me what wrongs." She whispered while trying to touch me, I couldn't help but to flinch away. The thought of someone touching me right now I couldn't deal with.
"JUST LEAVE!" I shouted out. I felt guilty don't get me wrong, I felt it as soon as I heard the door shut. I just wanted time to myself right now.
All I could think about though was Rick and how he let Tom and all of his friends beat me. I could of died and that would of been it. That's it, he doesn't want me. He just used me as his mate. Who would want me as a mate. It was killing me. Well after this I'm just nothing. I don't want to see anyone ever again.
It must of been 30 minutes later when the pack doctor came into my room. However, I didn't pay attention to her as she sat in the chair next to me.
"Alex I have some news to tell you." Doctor Ali told me as she looked down at her clip board
"What is it Ali?" I asked as I carried on looking out through the window.
"When we were running the test and checking on you, we noticed something in your blood. We thought that it couldn't be right. So we done the test again and again but they were still coming up the same."
   "What's wrong doc?" I asked not really caring right now. I had lost my mate and the love of my life because of Tom. I could feel the mark gone. It was no longer there and I knew mine was no longer on Rick.
   "Your pregnant." She whispered. How could I be pregnant? This has to be a joke. Tom had to have set her up to this. I know that me and Rick had to have sex to claim each other. Surely that couldn't of done it. We used protection. Wait it was a full moon. Oh god no.
   "Run. Just run and never come back!" Slate screamed in my head and I knew then that I would have to run. Run and never come back.

Flashback Ends

"Alex wake up!" I could hear someone shouting from above me. I knew who it was.
"Get off of me Rick!" I shouted back as I tried to push him off of me.
"Why? I just want to make sure your okay."
"If I'm okay. You are the reason this all happened. You and your brother and all of his mates. I'm like this because of you. YOU CAUSED THIS, NOW LEAVE ME ALONE." I roared as I pushed him off of me.