Chapter Ten

Alex POV

Rick sat away from me as I sat on the cold forest floor just opposite him. I could see the tear tracks rushing down his cheeks. Now I was crying myself.
"I'M SORRY!" He shouted while whimpering away from me. I could see the hurt in his eyes. The hurt in his eyes though was nothing to the hurt of me nearly dying and him just standing there.
   "SORRY ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH!" I shouted back while standing up. I started to walk back to the house however, I knew he was following and it wasn't helping with the fact that he was naked. Yes I said it. HE NAKED. You see when you shift from your human form to wolf and then shift back, you are 100% naked. He knows that this is affecting me as well.
   "Just talk to me please." He pleaded just as thunder started in the sky.
   "I don't want to talk right now Rick, just leave please." I whispered just as we reached my grandmas house.
   "I want to talk now. I want you to forgive me." He whimpered while crying his heart out. This wasn't going to work for me though. He has to do more than cry and apologise.
   "I can't forgive you Rick and I don't know if I ever can forgive you. Also while I'm saying this, make sure that your horrible bratty brother stays away from me otherwise I will cause him harm." I snarl as that little brat come into my head.
   "Can I say goodnight to River at least?" He cried as he finally looked at me. I had opened the door and had just got in as the rain started to pour from the sky.
   "No not tonight Rick." I said with confidence as I slammed the door in his face.
   I couldn't hold myself up as I stood with my back to the door. I couldn't hold the tears back either as they just flooded down my cheeks. Why did he have to follow me. He just brought back ever single damn memory. Including the ones where he said he loved me and that he wouldn't let anything happen to me. Well look how that went.
   "He won't stop crying for his dad." My grandma spoke calmly as she start to kneel down in front of me with River. I felt so guilty. I was concentrating on myself so much that I didn't even hear River crying.
   I instantly reach out for my little boy and hold him against my chest. I softly pat his back as I rock him, trying to get him to calm down. He slowly started to stop crying, which was good because it meant that I could get him off to sleep. Actually what time was it?
   "What's the time grandma?"
   "About four dear."
   "Can you make him a bottle for me please. He's hungry, aren't you my little spoilt boy." I cooed to him as he looked up at me, trying to show me the little fists that he had made. He was just too cute.
   By the time grandma had made him his bottle and I had got up off the floor and into the living room, my little man had giggled and tried to talk again while showing me his little fingers. I slowly started to run the tip of the bottle along his lips trying to encourage him to take the bottle. He took the bottle in no time at all.
   "You gonna go bed early?" Grandma asked as she saw me stand up from the living room sofa.
   "Yeah. I just want to cuddle up in bed with my tiny wolf." I spoke calmly to her before I walked off to my room.
   I lay River down in the centre of the bed while I quickly undressed myself, so that I was only in my boxers. I then quickly changed River into a new nappy and a new onesie, before I took the cover off of the bed. I gentle lay down in the bed with River still against my chest. On no time at all River had fallen asleep on my chest, I was quickly falling asleep myself. I knew that with River on my chest that I wouldn't move around in the night and that my body would automatically keep him from falling off of me, so I knew he was safe asleep on my chest with me.