[ 31.2 ]

Note: I suggest you play the song after reading this chapter.

More and more came. Wolves gathered behind howling relentlessly as the wildlings from the Keep formed a semi-circle behind me. Wearing a warface, they all waited for my call. Erett's wolf paused behind me, the tribe's chief trotted on his mare towards us. It was the same wildling we met yesterday, Khalro, if I remember his name right.

East, Grimbeorn the old, a bearded man (Chieftain of Beornings) galloped to join us, two of his men chased his back. Never did I expect these changelings at all and here they are, waving their bear-banner for me.

But all did not frighten the elvish king

But all did not frighten the elvish king. King Thranduil stared, fury searing through him.

'So, you've brought friends with you,' he hissed. 'So be it!' He sneered, pulling his long sword from its scabbard. 'Legolas, come. Your kin needs you.' Then he turned away ever strong and confident.

Legolas was caught in between, unable to decide, he looked at me. His eyes gleamed with sorrow, lips arched. The air suddenly felt hazy, my heart bled once more. He couldn't abandon his kind, not for the sake of a vaurg who threatened his king father, and the pain of seeing the truth was just as I imagined it would be. Devastating.

I looked at him and said, 'He is your King!'

'You didn't tell me about this,' Aramis then whispered, eyes focused on Legolas.

My eyes didn't leave the elf, I could see the burden in his eyes. It seemed as if he was already fighting a battle within himself, Legolas suddenly marched towards me, 'I cannot let you ruin yourself Safirah, stop this madness.'

But Aramis stood in front of me raising his bow to halt the elf. It happened so fast, Legolas drew his sword with a furious look. I doubted Aramis would kill his friend but --- he suddenly nocked an arrow and fired.
Legolas slashed his sword sideward, splitting the arrow into two, then twirled his sword to a reverse grip sparking a fight. I felt the need to intervene, stop them from killing each other but Aramis charged before I could react, unsheathing his sword and swinging it side to side. Legolas pivoted, lifted his sword, chopped down with a vicious swing.

Clink! Two swords clashed, Aramis blocked, swinging his sword sidewards but he staggered down to his knee. Legolas was stronger. Aramis dodged, rolling sidewards.

'Legolas! DON'T!' I cried.

The elf traced him, ready for another swing when ---

Loud cracking noise suddenly shove us all, like a hurricane coming from the North it streamed through the thick forest. We all felt the tremor, strong wind blew cold and wild. Wolves howled, the horses neighed and everyone paused in anticipation. The elfking unmounted his elk gaping at the forest. Aramis found his way near me, he pulled me close while Legolas looked intensely angry.