[ 3.3 ]

I found a beautiful spot far enough for curious eyes to see, the water was chest-deep, cold and refreshing. I dipped myself  after taking off my clothes. My body shivered, I washed my face rubbing it thoroughly down my neck and shoulders, then ran my fingers through my long hair.

The air smelled like leaves, the wind made me shiver more

The air smelled like leaves, the wind made me shiver more. This was my first time bathing in the river and it was quite fascinating. I dove and held my breath the longest time I could. I panted, catching my breath.

The water made a splashing sound and I let it trickle down my chin. I repeated several times before retreating to the shallow part of river. I sat with knees bent, resting on a large stone I caught under my feet, the water was still deep enough to conceal my nakedness.

How long have I been bathing?

I scanned the surrounding and was relieved that I was alone. The wind blew and my exposed skin that made me shiver harder. A few minutes later, I decided to ascend and wrap myself with the towel, put on my clothes and laced my boots hastily. I would love to stay longer but I can't, my companions might came looking for me, or worse, I might freeze myself to death.

I squeezed the excess water off my hair using my used clothes then jogged back to the camp. A bath was all I need to feel anew. I felt cozy with my new clothes, the ranger dress fitted me well, the vest was nicely done and I am finally warmed.

Dried leaves made a rattling sound beneath my hardened boots as I moved through the bushes. Gandalf must be worried.

Suddenly, a low cry caught my ear and I skidded to a halt. My pulse quickened. Something was moving in the bushes. I crouched and unsheathed my knife, hands were trembling, the sole of my feet cold. My mind was telling me to shout, Aramis will surely come to rescue me, or even the cold hearted elf. Gandalf will then nag  at me while Gimli laughs his hardest.

They've called me weak, I am not going to let them call me a coward.

I waited, praying that it was not a threat. Wolves don't make a sound if they were to attack, snakes do not dwell on bushes, wild animals can't be this near a river. All horrible things flashed into my mind like an image of my gruesome fate, all because I did not call for help. The movement stopped, and came a little wonder covered with dark fur, cuddly and sweet.

A cub, just a bear cub! I exhaled.

If I have shouted for help, then Legolas would make a tale out of my cowardice; a reckless vaurg who steals other forms stumbled upon a bear cub and cried for help. No, his words would be more exaggerated than that.

I picked up the cub and cuddled it in my arms, brushing its damp fur with one hand. Sometimes, I would think myself connected to the forest, to the animals, to every living things. The day I discovered my gift was the day I rescued an elk from a hunter. Bending will is not as easy as giving orders, there must be a reason, and I'm partly grateful to grandma for scolding me all of the time, she made me more...stubborn. I giggled.