Chapter 1: Happy Birthday

Katnis stood in the doorway of Bella's room with a smile on her face, "Why are you all smiles this morning?" Bella asked her as she sat on the edge of the bed putting her shoes on.

"Happy Birthday!" She says, pulling a small wrapped box from behind her back.

Bella groaned, "Ugh." she groaned as Katnis sat down beside her.

"Open it."

Bella glared at her before grabbing the box and ripping the wrapping paper off of it. It was a small velvet blue rectangle box. Bella eyes her for a few seconds before slowly opening the box, "Oh my." Bella slowly ran her fingers over the diamond bracelet, "Kat, I love it." She pulled Katnis into an embrace.

"I'm glad to hear that." She says, "Let's head down stairs. Dad's waiting."

Bella groaned but followed her down anyway, "Morning girls." Charlie says as they both kissed him on the cheek.

"Morning dad." They both say.

Charlie glanced over at Bella and sighed, "Senior year! How'd you get so old so fast? "

"I'm not that old, dad. "

"I don't know. Is that a grey hair I see?"

Bella runs to a mirror to check it out, "No way! "

Charlie and Katnis chuckled, "Happy Birthday, Bella." He says.

"Very funny." she spat glaring at her father as he stood up and moved towards her.

Charlie bends down to kiss her hair, "I love you, too."

"Are you ready?" Katnis asked.

Bella nods, "Yeah, let's go."

As they made their way out the front door they we're met by Edward leaning against his car in the drive way behind Bella's truck, "Cullen, what are you doing here?" Katnis asked him.

He pushed off his car and met them half way, "We'll, I thought about what you said."

"I said a lot to you, Cullen. You're going to have to be more specific."

"You said if I'm going to walk out of your life then I shouldn't go looking for an excuse." he states.

"So, you're leaving?" she asked with a frown.

He shakes his head, "I thought that if I'm going to hell already I mind as well make the most of it." a smile formed on his lips that made Bella almost go weak in the knees.

Katnis shook her head as she moved passed him and towards his car, "You're not going to hell, Cullen." she says before looking into his car at Alice, Rosalie, Emmett and Jasper, "Hi, how are you guys?"

Alice smiled at her, "We're great! How are you and Bella? "

"Getting older." Katnis says.

Edward then turned to Bella, "Happy Birthday, Bella."

She sighed, "Don't remind me."

"Bella, your birthday is definitely something worth celebrating." he says softly.

"Me getting older isn't."

"Old? I think eighteen is far to young to start worrying about such things."

"It's two years older than Katnis and one year older than you." she complained, "I'm older than most of you."

Edward, along with his family, chuckled at her statement, "I'm 107. You're not old, Bella, trust me."