42.

Ashton and I were sitting in the small café at a table by the front window, staring out as the people walking by.

im not gonna lie, it was kind of scary being with such a popular musician in a big city. there were people constantly asking for pictures and hugs, which i dont blame them for. ashton is most likely their idol, and to meet him must be amazing.

it is amazing.

but i could feel them staring at me, wondering who the hell i was with their drummer. i mean, most of them probably knew due to the drama on social media, but that made it even worse. and i knew some of them were going to send the pictures to those fucking update and exposing accounts, which made me kind of mad.

but i wasn't going to let the hate get to me.

"what are you thinking about?" ashton asked as we both turned our gazes back to one another.

"nothing, really." i lied, smiling. "what are you thinking about?"

"how perfect today's gonna be." ashton smiled back as i took a sip of my coffee. "it's gonna be the best day of your life, m. just you wait."

"as cheesy as it sounds, it already is."

"it's not cheesy, i think its cute." ashton took a bite of the muffin he got. "mia, this is fucking delicious, oh my god."

"hey, no swearing." i scolded him, laughing.

"sorry! i can't help it!" ashton laughed with me.

"ashton," i dragged out his name after we finished laughing at one another.

"yes?" he mimicked me.

"can you tell me one thing we're doing today? just one?"i pleaded.

ashton sat for a second, thinking. "i already did."

"what? no you didn't." i shook my head.

"yes i did!"

"what was it, then?" i asked.

"that we're gonna hang out at the hotel with the boys later, duh." ashton rolled his eyes, sipping the tea he got.

i groaned. "ash! that doesn't count. like, at all."

"it does count, hear me out. you didn't know you were seeing the boys today, and now you do." he cheekily smiled.

"i expected a whole rant on why it counted, and you gave a sentence." i laughed.

"but now you know why it counted!"

i tilted my head, looking at him. "fine. ill let it count. but it doesn't mean you're off the hook."

"i didn't even know i was on the hook." ashton giggled.

"oh, shut up you dork."

ashton and i continued talking and eventually we left, continuing the rest of the day. 

"i can't wait to see what we're doing today, i've been waiting like, forever," i laughed. 

"well, in case it doesn't live up to your expectations, just gonna remind you i don't live in new york." ashton said.

"ashton, you could bring me to a dollar store and let me pick out an item and i'd still think it was the best day ever." i rolled my eyes, smiling. 

"and that's why you're my favorite." ashton smiled back.

"favorite out of who? me and elsie?" i raised my eyebrows. 

"no silly. out of everyone." he looked down at me and stopped. i looked back, smirking.