61.

mia's pov

it was only about 10 in the morning when my doorbell rang. i stretched my back and yawned before dragging myself out of the comfort of my bed, going to answer whoever was waiting outside. 

"mia! hey-" the person started, but i cut them off quickly by slamming the door in their face. 

luke hemmings. 

i must still be half asleep. there is no way luke is here. he's still on tour. 

i turned around to go back into my room before hearing the doorbell once again, followed by a round of knocks. 

i groaned and turned back towards the door and opened it. luke again. i guess he was really here. 

"mia, can you please let me in? i have to go to the bathroom." 

"are you joking, luke? what the fuck are you doing here?" i exclaimed, pulling him into my apartment and shutting the door. 

"i'll explain in a second, okay? i just really have to pee." luke squirmed. 

"oh my god, you're an idiot." i muttered. "the bathroom is the first door on the left." 

after waiting for luke for only about a minute, he was back. "sorry. i don't like going to the bathroom on planes." 

i stood there with my arms crossed, glaring at him. "why do you think it's okay to randomly show up to where i live? hm?" 

"why do you think its okay to just ignore me and the boys for months?" luke retaliated. 

"there was good reasoning behind it, luke. trust me, i wish i didn't have to. you're just making it harder on me." i said, getting a little angry. 

"you're kidding, right?" luke scoffed. "how is this hard on you when you're the one choosing to ignore us?"

"because! every single person i get close to i end up hurting! it happened with ashton already, its bound to happen to you guys next." i averted my eyes from his stare. "i didn't want to hurt you guys. i don't  want to hurt you guys. so can you just go please?"

"i'm not leaving, mia." luke said, his gaze softening. "just, stop pushing us away. you won't hurt us. we miss you."

"i know you do... and thank you. but it doesn't change the fact ashton still hates me. i already hurt him. i love him too much to come back into his life and risk it happening again." i sighed. 

"are you crazy? he doesn't hate you. me and him made up about a month ago, and at the same time he tried to get in contact with you." luke explained. 

"but i blocked him." i said, defeated. 

"that you did." luke agreed. "but we can fix it. i have a plan."

i raised my eyebrows. "and what may that be?" 

"tomorrow i'm going to australia. and you're coming with me," he said proudly. 

"shouldn't you be there already though?" i asked. 

"technically, yes. but i may not have shown up to my flight yesterday and instead bought a ticket here so i could get you and bring you back with me!"

"you're insane, luke. you're on tour, you shouldn't be making pit stops for me. you're gonna be exhausted at your show." i shook my head. 

"yeah, well it's too late for that." he shrugged. "now c'mon, come with me? please?"

"do i even have a choice?" i raised my eyebrows. 

"no, not really." 

i took a deep breath. "well, i should get packing then. you gonna help?" 

luke smiled. "of course." 

a/n: short chapter i know!! so so sorry. i've had the worst writers block and i felt horrible not publishing a chapter for you guys so i threw this together, hope it wasn't as bad as i felt it was. tell me how you guys want this book to go, you're the readers and i want to make you happy. thank you all so much for reading and sorry for the short chapter once again! hope i can make it up to you -m.