45.

i walked into the arena and immediately felt people looking in my direction. 

i should've expected it, but i wasn't used to this yet. me and ashton have only  been seen out together once. and yeah, we interact on social media a lot, but these people shouldn't know who i am already, right?

i didn't like the attention i had. but i ignored it. i walked to where i got my pass for soundcheck and headed to the back of the line. i didn't need to be upfront, and the other people in line have been waiting hours. the back was absolutely fine for me. 

after countless stares my way, we were finally let in for soundcheck. The girls who were next to me were surprisingly really sweet. I took a photo with them, which was kind of weird, and told them about ashton. 

"how did you guys start talking? was hanging out with him fun? have you met the other boys yet?" 

the questions kept coming and i answered in fear of them 'exposing' me on the iternet for being rude. they were nice girls, but you never really know what they're capable of. 

then the boys came on stage. i smiled and cheered and couldn't help but fawn over how fucking amazing ashton looked. 

i mean he was just wearing black skinny jeans and a tee shirt, which is what he usually wore, but fuck. why did him being on stage make him a hundred times more attractive? 

"hey guys!" luke said into the mic he had, and ear piercing screams were followed. "im luke, you probably already knew that, but welcome to sounds live feels live!" 

"luke, you idiot. it's not sounds live feels live yet. it's soundcheck." michael rolled his eyes. 

"shut up michael." luke muttered, running a hand through his hair, making an eruption of laughs and yells come from the crowd. 

"okay, so what song do you guys wanna hear first?" ashton asked, and my smile got bigger at the sound of his voice. 

everyone was yelling out songs, and then calum held up a hand. "okay. i have one! what about airplanes?" 

the rest of soundcheck was absolutely amazing. i didn't ask a question just because i had all the time in the world to ask them questions, and i respected the fact that other people weren't as lucky as i was and they should be able to talk to them when they have the chance. 

i left the arena again and was sitting on a random couch by the bathroom when i got a text. 

ashton: where are u? 

mia: uhm waiting for the show to start duh

ashton: no like for real where exactly are you at this very second?

mia: im sitting on a couch by the bathroom on the second level why?

ashton: im getting someone to bring you backstage to party

mia: is there pizza?

ashton: no we had pizza for dinner last night we can't have it again

mia: wdym you can never have too much pizza

ashton: kdshfjakslf mia just hurry upppp i miss u 

mia: ash i saw you this morning

ashton: so?

before i had time to respond, someone tapped me on the shoulder. he was wearing a yellow jacket and his head was completley bald, and i assumed he was a security guard. 

"are you amelia primson?" he asked, his voice deep and raspy. i was kind of scared of him, not gonna lie. 

"that would be me." i smiled. 

"someone is requesting you backstage. let's go." 

so i stood up and followed this man around the arena and through hallways until we walked through a door and i was in the boys dressing room. 

"thank you!" i told the guy, and he just nodded and left. 

"mia!" ashton exclaimed, running over to hug me.

"hey ash." i laughed and hugged him back, going to sit on the couch next to luke. luke smiled as i did, and he put an arm around my shoulder. "you guys were amazing at soundcheck. i had a lot of fun." 

"well we're happy to hear that, mia. but no one asked you." michael said, and i looked at him in disbelief. 

"michael, you dick!" i shouted, throwing a pillow at him. 

luke, ashton, and calum started laughing and michael rolled his eyes. "miaaa, i was just joking! you knew i was joking!" 

i shrugged, laughing and ashton came to sit on the couch on the other side of me.  

"mia, i have a proposition." ashton said, smiling. 

"and what may that be?" i asked. 

"tonight after the show we're going to a club or something to celebrate, and i want you to join us." 

i shook my head. "it's your guys' show, your accomplishment. i don't want to intrude." 

"you won't be intruding, mia! it'll be fun!" luke said, leaning into my shoulder. 

"im not even old enough to drink, though." 

"neither are we!" luke exclaimed. 

"well, i am." ashton spoke. 

"no one asked you, ashton." calum rolled his eyes and laughed. 

"you guys really want me to come with you?" i raised my eyebrows, and they all nodded their heads. even calum, and we weren't even that close yet. "fine. i'll come." 

the boys said a chorus of "hell yeah"s and luke cheered, which made me smile. 

here i was in five seconds of summers' dressing room at madison square garden sitting between luke hemmings and ashton irwin and they all just invited me to go out tonight after what may just be the biggest show of their lives. 

how does one person get to be so lucky?

"im gonna go get food. mia, wanna come?" luke asked, breaking me from my train of thought. 

"luke no! mia's mine! she just got here" ashton complained, taking me into his arms. 

"ashton, can't i just have her this once?" luke pursed out his bottom lip into an over exaggerated frown. 

"how about this?" i said, and both boys were listening. "there's a mcdonald's literally right across the street from here. me and luke can get food there, and it'll only take like ten minutes. maybe fifteen if enough fans stop him." 

"i like that idea." luke smiled. 

"i don't." ashton huffed. 

i turned to face him and wrapped my arms around him as he was to me. "ash, i'll be back as soon as possible, okay? besides, remember you're my favorite anyway." 

ashton smiled, and i got up with luke. the boys began shouting out what they wanted, and luke and i were overwhelmed with calls of chicken nuggets and mcdoubles. 

we finally managed to remember what everyone wanted, and we were soon walking out of the dressing room and down the many hallways once again. 

"are you even allowed to leave the building to go out before the show?" 

"nope." 

a/n: there is a lot of drama in the the next few chapters and im so damn excited to write it omfg. hope you guys enjoyed this chapter !! xx -m