Chapter 15

"Dad, Father, I have to tell you something," I said.

"You don't have an STD, do you?" My father asked.

"Oh my gosh, no! I haven't even had sex," I blushed. "This is way more serious."

"You killed someone?!"

"Uh... No. Not that serious."

My dad rolled his eyes, playfully. "He's just messing with you. What is it you want to tell us?"

"Well, during camp, I met my brother," I said.

My father rose an eyebrow. "You don't have a brother..." He trailed off.

"You have a brother?" My dads eyes were wide.

"Yeah."

"Does he live with your... real parents?" He questioned.

"Yes, again", I nodded.

"Oh..." He whispered.

"I'm not leaving you guys for them if that what you're thinking."

"Really?" My dad smiled.

"Really," I confirmed. "Now, my real mom wants to meet me, and we decided I'd go over there today."

My father stood up from where he was sitting on the counter. "And how are you sure he's your brother?"

"Just wait until you see him," I sighed. "Anyways, I want you guys to come with."

"Are you sure?" My dad asked, standing up as well.

"I'm positive, so get ready. I'll be in my car waiting."

They nodded, and frantically hurried to their room.

I smiled and walked to the front door, skipping out and shutting the door behind me. I opened the drivers door, and slid in. I then started the car with the keys that had been in my hand.

I watched as my parents scrambled out the front door, locking it. They both sat in the front, and I didn't question it. They needed each other's comfort. I started driving.

"There's something you guys should know before we get there," I said.

"What is it?" My dad asked. I noticed that he was leaning on my father.

"The reason she put me up for adoption is because her husband left her for another woman when she was pregnant with me. My brother was five at the time. Since her husband left, she was practically broke and wouldn't have been able to pay for anything if she kept me. She's know remarried, and wealthy."

"Well, I guess I won't beat her up then since that's a pretty good reason," my father chuckled.

"Pops!"

"I'm just kidding," he laughed.

I sighed, but hid a smile.

We soon reached the house within 20 minutes. I looked at my parents, and nodded. I got out the same time they did.

"You guys ready?" I asked them.

"I think so," my dad mumbled.

"Okay," I whispered, and we walked up to the front door.

I nervously raised a fist, and knocked on the door. It opened quickly, and I saw Alex. I had already texted him; I told him that my parents were coming. He had said he was excited to meet them.

"Ash," he grinned, and hugged me.

I hugged back, and we soon pulled away. I glanced at my parents.