Chapter 18

James's POV

I parked in my driveway, turning the car off and getting out. I walked inside the house, and saw my mother in the kitchen.

"Hey, sweetie," she smiled.

"Hey," I said as I ran up to my room.

Today was Monday, and school had finished. Ash and I had found an apartment yesterday, and we're going there after I tell my mom which meant I had to pack. Luckily, the apartment was close to the school, and the colleges. I mean, we still had half a year of school.

I grabbed 2 suitcases from in my closet, and stuffed it with all my clothes. I then found a bag, and put all the essentials in it.

When I was done, I hauled it down the stairs. And let me tell you, it was quite difficult.

My mom looked at me. "Honey, where are you going? What are you doing?"

"I'm moving out," I said.

"What do you mean you're moving out? Do you even have money?" She questioned.

"Yeah, I do actually." I rolled my eyes.

"How?" She asked.

"There's this thing called a job," I scoffed.

"Don't use that tone with me, mister," she ordered.

"I don't have to listen to you anymore," I smirked. "I turned 18 today."

"Yeah, I know," she whispered. "I'm sorry. It's just hard seeing you move out."

"You'll be fine, mom," I smiled.

My mom walked up to me, and tackled me into a hug. "I'll miss you."

I bit my lip. "I'll miss you, too."

"You'll come visit, right?"

I nodded, "I will." 

"You better," she chuckled.

"I will," I repeated.

My mom pulled away, and sighed softly. "Okay."

"Mom, there's something I have to tell you."

"What is it?" She asked.

"Well, first I want to say that you probably won't like me after this. It's another reason why I'm moving out. I mean, you'd kick me out, anyways," I said.

"Honey, I will always love you."

"Even if I'm gay?" I questioned.

Her eyes widened. "What?"

"The rumor at school is true. I'm gay, and I am dating a boy," I told her.

"Y-you're a disgrace to the family," she stuttered.

"I guess that means I'm a disgrace to the family, too." Someone said behind us.

I turned around, and saw Sarah. I grinned, and she smiled back at me.

"Sarah? Not you, too," my mom begged.

"Sorry, mom. I was born this way," Sarah shrugged.

I chuckled, "Quoting Lady Gaga, are you?"

"Yep," she smirked.

My mom stepped toward her, angry. "And I thought you were the good child."

Sarah pulled out her phone. "If you touch me, I'll call the police on your ass."

My mom looked away. I could tell she was holding in tears. She then ran out of the room.

"I feel bad," I frowned.