Chapter 8: A very big misunderstanding...

"WHAT THE F**K!"

Snapping my head towards the voice, I quickly stand up and see the man that had interviewed me...and his face looked very pissed.

"Mr..." I began to say but I didn't know his name.

He was glaring at Mr. De Luca who was standing behind me not saying a word.

"Che cazzo pensi che stai facendo? (What the f**k do you think you are doing?)" he screamed from where he was standing. Of course I had no idea what he was saying.

"Niente, non e quello che pensi. Calmati. (Nothing, it's not what you think. Calm down.)" Mr. De Luca responds back calmly.

"Niente? Niente? Smettere di mentire. Di certo non sembra niente per me quando sono entrato. Che cazzo ci faceva a voi. O meglio ancora, che cazzo dove farle fare? (Nothing? Nothing? Stop lying. It sure didn't look like nothing to me when I walked in. What the f**k was she doing to you? Or better yet, what the f**k where you making her do?)" the other man continued to shout in Italian, I knew that much.

"Che? Sei sero? Pensi che io stavo facendo il suo fare...? (What? Are you serious? You thought I was making her do...?)"

"...si. Certo che si! (...yes. Of course I do!)" he exclaimed towards Mr. De Luca.

I looked back and forth between the two men who were now quiet but glaring still at one another which was making it very awkward for me.

"Kalene. Would you please go wait outside until I speak to my brother?" Mr. De Luca tells me still looking at the man who had interviewed me. "So they are brothers?" thinking to myself.

Glancing at him I nodded my head. "Sure Mr. De Luca." I say lowly passing his brother who side eyed me as I passed him by.

Closing the door behind me I heard them raising their voices again in Italian. "What was that all about?" saying out loud.

"What was what about?" hearing a female's voice a few feet away from me.

"Nothing...there was a bit of a misunderstanding." I tell Felicia who kept walking towards the desk.

"Misunderstanding? Did the new hire screw up already?" she asked with sarcasm making me roll my eyes.

"That's not wh-..." I began to say but the intercom interrupted me.

"Kalene, please come to my office." his voice held anger.

Standing up, I see Felicia smirk. "Wow, in trouble already? To think you have only been here for an hour?"

I didn't say anything just made my way to his door. Taking a deep breath I knock quietly waiting for a response. "Come in." the voice was firm.

Taking another deep breath I opened the door and stood there. The man who had interviewed me was sitting behind the desk while Mr. De Luca was sitting across from him.

"Please close the door Kalene." he tells me in a monotone voice. He was sitting with his elbows on each side of his leather chair with his chin on top of his index fingers.

Closing the door as he requested I stood still. "Please sit down." he tells me.

Nodding my head I walk to the chair which was next to Mr. De Luca who was looking forward. Reaching the chair I sit down looking at him.

There was silence for about a minute and I felt my heart beating fast. His eyes bore through me and I felt just like I did when Manny was mad at me. Small and insignificant.