Chapter 11: The plan...

Marco's P.O.V.

Sweat rolled down my face and chest. Focused on swinging my bo staff around I then hit the target in front of me. "AH YAH!" shouting.

Breathing hard, I stand straight and walk over to the target and pick it back up. I've been doing this for the past hour and a half ever since I left the office.

Grabbing the towel from the chair and wiping off the sweat, I grab the water bottle taking a long drink from it. 

Sighing heavily I walk over my bag to grab my cell to check the messages I was waiting for. Reading the text I needed I then press call.

Waiting for the other end to answer I hear. "Yes Mr. De Luca?"

"Samuel, I just read your text. What did you find out?" asking him.

"Manuel Cox Junior born on July 8th, 1991 to a Manuel Cox Senior and Teresa Cox both still alive. Born and raised in San Bernardino, California and is of Cuban decent. Graduated from San Bernardino High school in 2009 10th in his class where he then went to the California State University. He is currently a night shift EMT and now is getting ready to take the Firefighter's exam in about a month."

"Hmm. How about Kalene Bello?"

"Yes, I have her information here sir. Let's see, Kalene Bello born on March 17th, 1994 in Puerto Rico but moved to Miami, Florida at the age of eight with her mother Eria Martin after divorcing Edgar Bello. Graduated from Miami High School in 2012 5th in her class then took some classes at Miami-Dade Community College. A year later she moved to California with a Farrah Watson... worked a few jobs then enrolled at the Community College..." he finishes once I speak.

"Yes, I know the rest. Did you find the lease of their rental?" curiously asking.

"Um hold on sir." hearing him flipping pages he then says. "Lease was signed only by Mr. Cox in 2014."

"So her name is not on the lease? How about the utilities?" 

"No sir, nothing. Everything is in his name."

"Alright. What about police reports?" making sure I knew everything about this man.

"I did find something but it's confidential."

"Confidential?" getting my full attention.

"Yes sir. It's a Juvenile Record so is considered confidential."

"Can you find out what it is?"

"Yes, but it will take me a while. I couldn't do much last minute Mr. De Luca."

"Hmm, it's alright Samuel. Please try to get the information as soon as possible. Anything else that you have missed, let me know. Even if it's the smallest."

"I will sir."

"Thank you Samuel and I will speak to you soon. Have a good day."

"Will do Mr. De Luca and you as well."  

Ending the call I make a phone call to my brother. Waiting for him to pick up I start grabbing my things to go take a shower. I needed to release the anger I had in me when I saw Kalene's face. Hearing her give me that bogus excuse just made my anger worse. I knew her boyfriend had hit her but I didn't want to tell her since she already looked scared. She had the same look my mom would give anyone who questioned her bruises. That is why I told her to cancel my calls and meetings so I could come to my gym and practice my bo staff. Something I do when I need to distress. If I had stayed I would had probably interrogated her and gone to find him though I never met the guy. But it didn't matter because no man should ever lay a hand or fist to a woman.