Chapter 9: Lunch...

After the horrible misunderstanding and embarrassing morning, I began my training. Felicia to her protest showed me the basics and so far I have learned them like the filing and scheduling in the computer systems. Other than that, she told me in her own words, "...I'm really not going to show you anything else since you aren't going to be here that long." isn't she lovely?

"It's noon, I'm going to lunch. Stay here until I get back and then you can go." she tells me as she picks up her purse and sashes her flat ass towards the elevator.

Shaking my head at her, I continue to go through some documents that needed to be organized for the afternoon meeting that Mr. De Luca needed.

"Felicia? Where are the Financial files that I need for the meeting?" hearing his voice through the intercom startling me.

Pressing the answer button I respond. "Sorry Mr. De Luca, but Felicia went out to lunch. It's just me here."

There was silence until the line went dead. Furrowing my eyes in confusion I hear a throat clearing making me turn to look over towards Mr. De Luca's office where he was standing looking at me with a smile.

"So Felicia left you all alone to fend the phone?" he tells me crossing his arms in front of his chest. The sleeves of his dress shirt tightened around his arms showing that he worked out. But he wasn't as big as Manny though.

"Umm...yes. But I can handle it sir."

"I don't doubt it." he says walking towards me then stands in front of the desk. "Well Kalene. Since Felicia left for her lunch break without letting me know and left you. How about you and I have lunch together and then you can accompany me to the meeting right after?"

Hesitantly I replied. "Sure Mr. De Luca." giving him a fake smile and praying that I won't run into Manny or any of his friends. It's not like it won't be hard to explain that I was only having lunch with my boss.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

The drive to the restaurant didn't take too long. Mr. De Luca had his driver take us to "Milano's" which is a well known Italian restaurant in the area. Once he pulled up, Mr. De Luca opened the door then held is hand out for me to step out. Not only is he handsome but a gentleman.

"Thank you." I say quickly letting go of his hand.

Smiling back at me and nodding. "You are very welcome Kalene." then placed his hand on the small of my back to lead me towards the entrance of the restaurant.

"Benvenuto a Milano's Signore De Luca. Tavolo per due? (Welcome to Milano's Mr. De Luca. Table for two?" the hostess greets him in Italian.

"Si, grazie. (Yes, thank you.)" responding back.

"Seguitemi in questo modo si prega. (Follow me this way please.)" grabbing two menus we follow her towards the inside of the dining area.

"Qui andiamo signore, il vostro cameriere sara qui a breve. Godere. (Here we go sir, your waiter will be here shortly. Enjoy.)" nodding curtly as she placed the menus on the table then turned to leave.

"Here we go signorina." pulling out my chair and gesturing to sit.

"Gratzie." thanking him in Italian. 

Pushing my chair in, Mr. De Luca pulls out his chair on the other side of me with a smile. "You speak Italian?"

"Un po." I tell him lifting my hand up separating my thumb and pointer finger an inch.