Chapter 5

Tiger Lily's Pov

I waited until the demon opened his poisonous eyes. He sat up, rubbing his eyes and adjusting to the light. He then turned his head towards me. His forest green orbs met my sky blue ones, holding each other's gaze for what seemed like forever.

"You're different, aren't you?" He spoke, not taking his eyes off of mine.

I furrow my eyebrows, "different from what?" However, I knew exactly what he was talking about.

He smirks, "your tribe has brown eyes, every single one of them. But you have blue eyes. You didn't get it from your mother though. You were specially born with it, weren't you?"

I flinch at his words, not opening my mouth.

He musn't know my secret.

I look down at my hands that were fidgeting uncontrollably. They only stopped when I felt a cold touch at my chin, that lifted my head up to face Pan once again. His poison green eyes gazing into mine just like a few minutes before. Except this time, he had a smirk stuck on his face.

"I'm going to figure out your little secret no matter how hard you try to seal your lips shut," he whispered in my ear. I shudder and squeeze my eyes shut. "Open your eyes, princess," he demanded. His voice still a hushed whisper. The temptation to see his enchanting yet deadly eyes was too strong for me. I opened my eyes to see him only inches from my face. I could feel his breath upon my face. Just like his body, his breath was cold as ice, sending chills down my spine. He leans closer towards me, making my heart race. I lean back, almost falling head first off the bed but something snatched my hand and pulled me back up. Pan grabs my shoulders, keeping me from moving and slowly leans in.

"Please don't," I begged.

He is going to figure out my secret. A secret that I had to keep from the tribe and my father.

His face gets even closer to mine and then a cold pair of lips touch mine. His lips sent an electrifying spark into mine, obviously using his magic. My eyes immediatley close as him and I see my secret.

I pull away from the kiss and look around. Sure enough, we were in a memory of when I was using my secret about thirteen years ago. The scenery was just as I remembered. A few trees here and there, big tents, a campfire, children running around, horses roaming the fields. It almost made me tear up to see the place where I grew up. I turn my head to Pan, who had a big grin on his face; greedy to solve my puzzle. A four year old girl came running towards us, not noticing that we were standing right by her as she zipped by.

"Follow her," I told Pan. He nods his head and starts to run after her. I do as well. The little girl runs straight into the forest. I knew exactly where she was going. I quickly followed her, only a few feet away with Pan right beside me.     The little girl stopped, "Mother, are you there?" The little girl called out. A big smile was spread across the girls face and she runs forward and wraps her arms around nothing.

"what is she doing?" Pan asked. His eyebrows were furrowed as he stared at the girl hugging nothing. However, I could see a blue silhouette of a person. It was my mother. She passed away when I was three.

"What is she doing? I don't understand," Pan said to me.

Tears roll down my cheeks, "she's hugging her mother. I'm hugging my mother."

Pan's eyes squint, "I don't see anything."

I wipe my tears away and sniffle, "that's because she's dead."

The green eyed boy turns his head to me, "you can see the ghosts of people that passed away."

I nod my head, "she told me to visit her every morning. We would talk for hours. And then one day, she said that her unfinished business was completed and that she had to leave. I never saw her again." I look at the little girl who had a big smile on her face as she talked to her mother.

"Can you see spirits that don't have unfinished nor finished business? Spirits that are just stuck here?" Pan questioned with a raised eyebrow.

I nod my head, "if they are here then I can see them."

Pan suddenly tensed. His lips tightened, his eyes that were usually lit up with green were now dull.

"Pan, are you alright?" I ask him with a confused expression. He didn't look very good. He seemed more pale than before.

He turns his head, still tense, "I-I'm fine. Just.... Let's go, I know enough."

I sigh, "okay." I take one last look at my beautiful mother. Her hair beautifully curled, her perfect smile, and sweet laughter. I just wanted to be in her arms one last time. I turn my head back to Pan who quickly kisses me, making my memory disappear.

  *** 

I open my eyes to see we were back in Pan's tent. He quickly gets off the bed and puts on his boots.

"Pan, you don't look very good. Are you sure you're okay?" I asked again. I get out of the bed as well and slip on my moccasins.

"I'm fine," he reassured. He turns his head to my feet, "you're not training in those."

I look down at my feet then back at him, "It's all I have," I argued.

He smirks and waves his hand. In front of me sat a pair of brown boots. I sigh and put the boots on.

Pan stands up and looks at me, "you're not wearing that either." He waves his hand making my clothes change. I had on a dark green shirt, brown, leather leggings, and a brown belt.

"I look like the female version of you," I complained as I gawked at my clothing.

He smirked, "if that were true, you would have multicolored patches of green on your shirt. You only have one color."

I roll my eyes and walk out the tent with Pan right behind me.

"Time for breakfast! Wake up!" Pan shouted. Immediatley, the boys walk out of their tents and make their way to a bigger tent just as they were told. Pan starts following them and so do I. However, Pan stops and turns around to face me.

"You are now my Lost Girl, princess."

***

A/N: Ok so I'm really proud of this chapter and I'm really excited to continue this! I might post the next chapter later! So Tiger Lily can see ghosts/spirits..... That's not creepy at all..... I hope you enjoyed reading chapter 5 of Tiger Lily!!!!